"Dei......this is getting out of hand. Shouldn't you call him? Put him out of his misery."

"I sent him a text message."

"Text message? How does he even know if you were the actual sender? A kidnapper can easily use your phone and send him that text. That's what he would think. "

"He'd know it's from me, I'm the only one who calls him Jay."

"Your message history can easily show how to compose a text made to sound like you. Dei, stop this nonsense and face him like an adult."

"Are you sick of me staying here?"

"I'm not......shit Dei, sometimes I'm no longer sure I know you. I don't understand why you're staying away from him when you say you love him."

"How do I go back to him now with the whole world watching, it seems? I don't want people recording a supposed reunion with him. I'm scared to go out now."

"I'll take you to him. I know he will hate me, but if he sees you safe and sound, I'm sure that will matter more than any ill feelings he has towards me."

"But I'm not ready to see him yet."

"Will you listen to yourself? This isn't just about you, Dei. Imagine what he's going through. Call him at least. Scratch that, I'm calling him now."

"Dru, no!"

But Andrew walked out of his unit and locked Dei in, making the call to Richard.

"Hello, Richard?"

"Yes, Andrew. You have news for me?"

"Yes, Dei is with me. I'm taking her to her condo unit. Meet us there."

-----

The waiting was excruciating. Richard got to Dei's unit before they did, letting himself in with her spare key. He didn't know where they'd be coming from, but one thing he knew, he was relieved she was ok. A key turned in the lock and the door opened, with Andre coming in first, followed by Dei.

"Dei......thank God." He rushed to hug her, feeling weak with relief. Her arms wrapped around his middle tightly, and she started sobbing uncontrollably.

"Jay, I'm so sorry......"

"Sssshhhh......it's ok. It's ok. Andrew thanks so much. Where did you find her?"

Dei looked in panic from Richard to Andrew. She disengaged from Richard and sat down away from him, still crying. Andrew looked at Richard awkwardly.

"Dei, I think you and Richard have things to settle privately. I don't want to be a part of it."

"Andrew wait. I asked you a question. Where did you find Dei? Did she call you?"

Andrew looked helplessly at Dei, waiting for her to give a sign if he should tell the truth. Cold fingers of doubt started to wrap round Richard's gut. Dei could not look at him, she was crying and in his eyes, she seemed too attached to Andrew. His mind began putting a story together, a story he didn't like.

"Dei.......where did you go when you left me two nights ago? Please, Dei, I need answers."

She looked at Andrew with guilt written all over her face, guilt that easily got misread into something it was not. Andrew tried to be calm about it, looking steadily at Richard, ready to protect Dei in case Richard got violent.

"She came to me. I'm sorry Dei, Richard deserves to know the truth."

Richard shivered, he felt Dei's betrayal wash over him. The very same guy who made him feel threatened because he and Dei shared a history together was her first option at a time when she was confused about him. Why him, Andrew, the man who broke her heart? That same guy she promised never to contact, promised to stay away from because she knew Richard had strong feelings about her closeness with him.

"I deserve to know what truth, exactly?"

"Jay.......I'm sorry, I had nowhere else to go."

"Nowhere? You had Janelle.......my mom. You could have called your sister for advice, or some other friend, I mean......I'm sure Andrew isn't your only friend. And you......" He pointed a finger at Andrew furiously.

"You fucking lied to me when I called you. Why? Did you feel you needed to enjoy my fiancee first before returning her to me?"

"Easy, man. Nothing happened between us, I'm just being a friend to her—"

"I don't care! You lied and I want to know why." he said, eyes blazing at both of them. "So, Dei......after two nights with Andrew, you can't even have a private conversation with me. Sweet. Really sweet."

Angry tears were falling from his face, and Dei approached him, wanting to hug him but he held her wrists at arms' length.

"Jay.........I just needed time to think—"

"How could you think with him around? I thought the world of you, Dei."

"I tried to talk to you babe, but you couldn't understand me...."

"No, I couldn't, my apologies.....SWEETIE. Because stupid me assumed that if we loved each other, we were cool. I thought that was enough to work out our problems, whatever they would be." He let go of her so suddenly that she lost her footing and fell to her knees in front of him. He didn't make a move to help her.

"I can't get over it, Dei. You chose to spend time with Andrew on the day we were supposed to get married. Thank you for the pain."

He faced Andrew, clapping him on the shoulder.

"She's all yours man."

He walked out of her apartment without looking back.