18: Come Round Soon

Start from the beginning

You wanted to scream, yet you were choked by your fear. You stumbled inside the shower room, finding the nearest thing that would help you defend yourself. It was stupid, really â you were stark-naked, obviously defenseless while some random woman was in the same room as you.

You looked back to the direction, seeing that she was gone. You breathed in a few times and laughed at yourself silly for hallucinating. You continued to take a bath, trying to do it a tad bit faster this time.

---

You finished your time at the shower. You tried to check on the place where you saw the woman. You saw nothing â no footprints, fingerprints, pieces of hairâ€Â¦ absolutely nothing. You stood up where she was and imitated the position she was in.  You placed your hands to your side while staring listlessly to the direction where you were once in.

You then saw your own self on the shower room, looking at the person in front of her with absolute horror – and that person was you.  You stopped by a moment, looking yourself at the mirror. Your [e/c] hues were now darkened, as if you were dying inside. You washed your face to wake yourself up, and proceeded back to your room to change clothes.

You wore the [f/c]-colored dress that was prepared for you at your bed. It was a short balloon cocktail dress that reaches above your knees. It had no sleeves or straps so it revealed your [s/c] skin. A hair ornament of the same color as your dress matched perfectly with the hairstyle that you did for yourself. You wore dark shoes with heels that were just right for your taste. You tried to hide the paleness of your face with light makeup before you went out of the room.

Levi did not instruct you anymore besides to get ready. You did not know whether you are supposed to be called for dinner or you should go downstairs once you were ready. You simply thought of exploring the place.

As you dashed through the hallways, you thought that this was the place that you are to stay if you agreed to go and live with him. Maybe once you've had a good view of everything and that once the Annie issue is settled, you won’t think twice of packing your bags and moving here even without your parents’ consent.

Out of curiosity, you reached down and felt the carpet that was running miles around the hallways. It was really soft on your hands when you touched it. You couldn't help but remove your shoes and even though exhausted as you were, you ran up to the end of the corridors.

After a while, like the stupid child you are, you realized that you were lost. You tried to find your way out, only to find your efforts futile. It was amazing that his mansion was too huge for even a person to get lost but you were starting to panic. Even though you knew that he knows the nooks and crannies of this place like the back of his hand, it would take him a while for you to be found.

You should stay on your place until you were found, yet the place was cold and you had nothing to insulate yourself. So you tried to move to battle the heat. You tried to look around; calling for Levi, for anyone, to respond and help you get to wherever Levi is.

Now that you thought of it, there was no one else in this mansion besides Levi and yourself, and maybe the guard that was stationed at the gates a while ago. You also had no idea who his relatives are, and maybe you could assume that he’s alone. Maybe his other relatives were spending some winter vacation without him. Maybe he refused or something. Either way, he was alone for the night. It was almost Christmas.

Then, you felt a chill down your spine. It wasn't because of the weather. No, it was a whole other level of coldness. It made you freeze on where you were standing. Your eyes looked at all directions, seeing if there was another person, or rather, entity that was with you in the room right now. You turned your head to see but there was no one there.