11: Insane [editing]

ELEVEN - Insane

It was weird, really. You know you were dead. Well, you should be. Yet you had the ability to drive the knife you were holding from Levi’s stomach to his heart. Blood was squirting everything. You could hear him scream. You could feel the tears that were still flowing through your eyes. You knew that your pupils were going crazy already, yet you could see it.

---

“AAAAHHHHH!!!” you woke up with a scream.

You sat up your bed, realizing that it was only a dream— a horrible nightmare. Even if it were just as that, you were breathing heavily, and you noticed that you had cold sweats. You looked up the time from your phone, and it was still 3 in the morning.

You threw your phone somewhere, and you immediately lied down your bed. The sweat was irritating, yet you had no strength or will to get out of bed and get a towel. You simply breathed in and out, and then forced yourself back to sleep.

Around thirty minutes have already passed, yet you couldn’t get yourself back to sleep. No matter how hard you wanted to sleep, you couldn’t. The nightmare is still fresh in your mind. As much as you don’t want to remember it, your mind forces you to. It came unto the point on remembering what happened in the dream by detail.

The monochrome emptiness.

The revolver.

The knife.

The blood.

The woman.

Levi.

You.

Why are your dreams like that, happening in some empty space where nothing else exists besides a few characters? Why was I on top of Levi, killing him with such an old knife? Who was that woman? Why was she there? What does she want? Why didn’t the revolver kill me instantly?

Without thinking, you desperately looked for your phone, and entered a series of numbers. You pressed the call button, and waited for the other line to respond.

“Ngh… hello?” a weak voice came from the other end. “Do you know what time it is? It’s—”

“Look, I’m sorry for disturbing you…” you replied.

That lazy voice turned into something more enthusiastic. “Oh, look who called?” you heard from the other side of the line. The voice was filled with boastfulness, and it would want to stab you with daggers.

“Couldn’t take living alone now, can we? Are you ready to submit to us?”

“It’s not like that, mom…”

She didn’t like you. You didn’t know why. Ever since, she would always show a spiteful look on her face. You always wondered what you did wrong. Heck, you were still a kid; you didn’t know anything that you did that would piss her off so bad.

“I think… I want to go to your place this holiday,” you softly.

It was pure silence for ten seconds. You swallowed softly as you anticipated a reaction.

Then, you heard a chuckle.

“Ha…”

The chuckle turned into laughter.