23. Ahomana Finally Gets Claimed

Thysía's POV

THE LASTRYGONIAN WASTED no time in smacking me into a marble pillar as I was distracted.

I stifled a groan and rolled out of the way as it swung its hand down to crush me. I used the momentum to stand and slash at the Lastrygonian's leg.

The giant stumbled and I didn't hesitate to take a flying leap and swing my sword across the top of it's shoulders. The body immediately disintegrated and the head plopped against the ground as a spoil of war.

I decided not to look at it, and with good reason, because a gigantic, leafy brown snake shot towards me, jaws open.

I cut its head off, and its became a pile of dust and a faintly hissing head.

I started to get on a good streak. I stabbed a dracnae in the back, I vaporised a venti, I kicked an empousa off the cliff.

But there was just to many of them. I started to back up towards Dallas and Chrysós, so many monsters attacking me at once I didn't even have a chance to strike back. I cut off the hand of an earth-born, and it melted into a pile of mud.

I bumped into a wall. I was cornered. I swung my sword wildly, dodging as fast as I could. Only my demigod reflexes kept me alive.

But I lost hope of getting out of this battle alive when another earth-born managed to hit me and I smacked into the floor so hard I started to see stars.

I looked up. One eye was blurred with red, and when I touched my eyelid, I realised a cut on my forehead was bleeding into my eye.

But with my good eye, I vaguely saw the jaws of some reptilian monster baring down on me.

I did love you mom, I'm sorry. I wished I'd gone to see her while I was home.

And then the ground rumbled. It shook and groaned. The monsters froze. The fighting stopped.

And then an unearthly howl echoed across the mountain.

I stumbled to my feet and my eyes widened.

The ground was splitting open all across the throne room. Dark red embers sprayed from the cracks, and following them were thousands of armed warriors.

They wore ragged clothes and swung black swords. They flickered from a human form to skeletal. They grinned and attacked the monsters.

The fighting unfroze and suddenly I wasn't about to die. The dead swamped the mountainside and monsters started to become dust let right and centre.

And standing right next to the main crack?

A bulky, tattooed islander boy in tattered clothes and holding a large Stygian Iron fork towards the sky.

"Mana!" I heard Dallas cry out from across the throne room.

But I couldn't waste any time rejoicing, because there was still a battle to be fought.

I jumped into the mass of monsters and stabbed, swung and smacked my way towards my friends.

But what happened next was something I'd regret my entire life. I wished we'd killed the stupid Nemean Lion back in Pennsylvania.

But no, the gigantic, armour-skinned Lion came leaping towards me as I killed a giant scorpion.

I dodged below its paws, and instinctively stabbed at its underbelly. My sword clattered across its fur as if I'd struck concrete.