2. Ethan Finally Wakes Up With Really Bad Timing

Dallas' POV

"YEAH, NO THANKS for saving your life, douche." I crossed my arms and glowered, "And what the hell is Camp Half-Blood? And why did you call the self obsessed lunatic a satyr? What's that?"

"On second thoughts, I should just leave you here."

"You're under the impression I was going anywhere with you I the first place." I growled, "Now answer my questions."

"Look, nani-"

"Don't call me that. What does that even mean?"

"-I could leave you here, and let Zeus' monsters kill you and then everything would be great." He looked keen for the idea, "But no, there's always got to be some dumb prophecy telling people what to do. So wether we like it or not, I'm taking you back to where I grew up."

"Chill out, god." I exasperated, "At least answer my questions and tell me your name."

"I'm Ahomana. A satyr is a goat legged man, and Ethan Doles is one. Camp Half-Blood is a summer camp sanctuary for demigods." He sighed, "Happy?"

"No." I glowered, "And I want answers, but from someone a little less insufferable than you."

"Shut up and follow me." He picked up Ethan and threw him over his shoulder, the poor guy almost getting impaled on the silver spear strapped to his back.

The annoyingly attractive guy then marched off back through the bushes, the way he came.

I had no choice but to follow.

•••

"So where exactly is this camp? And I hope we're not walking there." I complained, solely to annoy him. I was no stranger to walking. Being homeless your entire life tends to do that to you. (Don't ask me how I was homeless my whole life. Honestly I had no idea how a baby had grown herself up).

"Long Island, New York." He replied, shifting Ethan's weight. Somehow the guy was still unconscious.

We'd been walk through the streets of Miami for a while. It was a lot of extra time for me to wonder if this idiot was actually here to help me.

"What?" I gaped. I'd walked a lot in my life, but I didn't have the urge to hike up the continent to New York. "We'd better be flying by plane."

"Even better - we're flying by pegasus." Ahomana said proudly.

"What?" I blinked, "You know what, I'm not even going yo ask."

"Good choice."

"But I do have more important questions." I went on. Ahomana groaned. "Why the hell are you in Miami when you're so called home is in New York? What was that before about getting your attention? And how do you know Ethan Doles?"

"A lot of questions." He said, "Which I'll answer later! We've arrived."

I had been do fixated on glaring at the back of Ahomana's head that I didn't notice we'd come out of the streets onto the beach. I almost jumped when I stepped into the sand.

"Why the beach?" I asked.

Ahomana ignored me. I glared at the back of his head again so hard I could have sworn I saw smoke swirling up from his perfect dark brown hair.