Insufferable Idiots*

Walking into school the next day was weird. I'm presuming the whole school already knows about what happened in P.E yesterday. "Girl! Move you insufferable idiots!" I hear the voice of my best friend yelling, trying to push through the crowd of people in the halls.

"Get your butt here right now!" She yelled at me. I roll my eyes, walking over to her, trust Kara not to care about what people think of her. "Move along people! Nothing to see here!" She yells at the hallway, only a few people were looking cause most of them are too tired to care anyway. Kara's confidence scares me sometimes.

"Come with me," she said, grabbing my wrist and dragging me away from my locker. I almost lost my math and AP history books that I'm holding by the amount of force she used.

Kara drags me into the nearest girls bathroom, luckily not the boys, and she checks every stall is empty. I stand there as Kara checks, she then whips around and points her finger in my face, I lean back a little to make sure I don't lose an eye right now.

"What the Hell happened yesterday!?" She yelled at me, throwing her arms in the air then grabbing my shoulders. Her eyes are wide and if you didn't know Kara like I do you'd think she's a psychopath, that's still up for debt though.

"Well, you know three years ago-" she nods "-I had another breakdown over it, on the school field, the worst yet," I explained as Karas' feature softened at my words.

She quickly pulls me into a hug and starts rubbing my back mutter 'it's okay' over and over again, I hug her back and smile to myself. My best friend may be a psychopath but at least she still cares. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you Evangeline," she mutters, trying to suppress a sob.

I pull her away from me still holding her shoulders, tears are now running down her face and her eyes are red. "It's okay, no need to cry for me, your friend Mya was there for me," I tell her, wiping her tears away.

"She's great, isn't she," Kara smiles, a faint pink now tinting her cheeks. Did my best friend just blush? Kara has never been one to get all soft over a boy, or anyone, she doesn't get attached so easily. I pretend not to notice her blush as I pull her in for a quick hug.

We pull away again, Kara heads into one of the stalls to grab some toilet paper to clean the mascara from under her eyes. "Just don't let it happen again, the blood moon is this Friday and we don't want an accident like your brothers a few years ago," she tells me, coming out of the stall looking like she hadn't been crying five seconds ago.

"Now!" She shouts, throwing her hands in the air. "To class!" Kara pushes open the bathroom door for me and I shake my head at her, smiling slightly.

Why am I still friends with her?

"Okay, see you in history," Kara waves goodbye, heading in the opposite direction. I wave goodbye to her and head to my first-period class.

As I walk into the classroom I find Mya sitting in the seat next to mine, she waves at me and I smile back at her. Behind my seat, however, is Derek sitting with Jason I presume, and behind them is Nathan. Great.

"Hey Evangeline," Mya greets, as I walk over to them. "Guys, this is Evangeline."

"We already know her," Nathan grumbles from the back, somebody's in a bad mood.

"Nathan, don't be so sour," Jason says, brushing Nathans' comment off. "Take a seat," he tells me, gesturing to the seat in front of Derek.

I glance at Derek and he looks up at me, he glances down at the seat in front of him and smiles tightly as if he's telling me it's okay. I nod slightly and place my books down then taking a seat, I pull out my pen just as the bell goes and a different teacher walks in.