Death Is A Party, Invite All Your Friends*

It's Friday morning and I'm sitting in maths class, listening to Ismey drone on about some boring maths problems we have to learn in order to prepare for midterms. She isn't doing a bad job teaching, she could have passed as an actual teacher if she wasn't helping a serial killer right now.

I tap my pen on my neck, board out of my mind. I glance over at Evangeline's empty desk and sigh, tonight we are supposed to meet Ethan in the clearing to get her back, we've all been preparing about what we are going to do and none of us have said a word to our parents or the authorities.

I told my parents there was a party tonight that all of us planned to go to, dad was a bit hesitant on the idea of me going out while Ethan is still out there but mum said it was a good chance to get my mind off of everything and to have fun for the first time in months.

Jason taps me on the shoulder with the tip of his pen and I turn to face him. He has a goofy look on his face and I know he's about to ask about our plans for tonight and to go over them one last time.

"Meet at your place to 'get ready for the party?'" He winks obnoxiously.

I roll my eyes and him but nod, Jason grins and then sticks his pen back in his mouth. I turn to face the front again to see almost the entire whiteboard is covered in some complicated math problems that I don't understand. I groan and slam my head on the desk, I'm going to take a nap.

* * *

I walk up the stairs and open the new door. Mum and dad got thicker glass after Jason and Damon smashed it three days ago, idiots, that costs a lot to repair too. I walk into the kitchen to see my dad sitting there, a bunch of papers scattered on the counter.

"Hey dad," I greet him, placing my bag on the counter and then going into the cupboard to grab a snack.

"Party tonight?" He questions, not looking up from the document he has in his hands.

I turn back around to face him and grab my bag. "Yeah, the others are coming over so we can head out together, can you let them in and tell them I'm in my room?" I ask him, taking a bite of my apple.

"Sure son," he mumbles.

I smile to myself and walk upstairs and into my room. My bag falls off my shoulder and falls onto the floor, I drop down into my desk chair and spin in circles while eating my apple. I stop spinning in my chair and allow my eyes to fall onto my shelves.

"Twilight? Really?" Evangeline laughs, holding my Twilight book.

She turns and places the book back on the shelf to see the whole saga lined up and she tries not to laugh, but it is funny. I chuckle at her reaction and walk over to her, "I need a good laugh sometimes."

I scan my shelf looking for my favourite book I own, I find it on the top shelf and pull it out, "but this one is my favourite." She looks at the book cover than me, beaming, of course, she's read 'To Kill A Mockingbird'.

"That one's alright, but I prefer 'The Picture Of Dorian Gray' if you've read it?" She questions, looking on my shelf for it.

I smile down at her and her obliviation. I reach across and pull the book out from right beside her smile, she looks down at the book then back up at me.

"I haven't yet, but I'll get around to it," I grin, "but for now, here." I hand her the book and she takes it from me, holding it tightly against her chest.

I smile sadly to myself, thinking back to the day Evangeline came over for the first time. She looked so beautiful in the moonlight that night, even though I did fall asleep on her and trap her underneath me.