Chapter 70 - Iris

Beginne am Anfang

"You are not only ruining my life but also Marshall's and that baby's!" I shout. 

"You and Marshall signed the contract." Leroy states, he says, making me ball my hair up in anger.

"The contract which says that we have to act like a couple. I didn't sign anything that says I have to adopt a tiny human being." I say and watch Leroy let out a small sigh as he burys his face in his hands before it goes quiet between us for the next few minutes.

"Number 32." Leroy says as he looks back up at me. 

"What?" I say as I knit my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Rule number 32 on the contract. What is it?" He asks. 

"How should I know?" I shrug as I fold my arms across my chest. 

"You signed the contract." Leroy states. 

"Unlike you, I don't have free time to memorize the contract." I say, making him roll his eyes. 

"Number 32. Both artist are not allowed to remove any props that are given to them during the engagement." He says, making me drop my mouth open in disbelief. 

"So this baby is some kind of prop to you?" I say.

"Tessa." Leroy sighs and just when he's about to speak again, I quickly cut him off. 

"How dare you." I say. 

"You need to re-" He starts before I cut him off again. 

"How fucking dare you!" I yell. "You're using a tiny human being as a prop?" I say. "Screw this." I mumble as I walk towards my dresser and grab my jacket from the chair. 

"Where are you going now. I can't keep following you around." He says as I pull on my jacket. 

"Well fuck off then." I say as I pull open the door. 

"Tessa!" Leroy calls after me. "You have no choice." He says, making me stop in my tracks. "You and Marshall signed your life away for the fame when you signed the contract. You do as you are told. Don't make this difficult for yourself." He says, making me swallow the lump down in my throat. I don't say anything and walk out my bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

***

I breath in out heavily as I look around the brightly lit room. I scream out in pain as I shoot up and hold onto my stomach before I feel a pair of arms push me down against the bed. 

"Karla!" I shout for my bestfriend. "Karla!" I scream out her name. 

"Miss, we need you to relax!" I hear a voice in the distance shout. "Your friend is safe." The voice comes out louder and clearer this time as a old man hovers over me. "Just relax." He says softly. 

"O-okay." I stutter and nod as tears run down the side of my eyes and dissappear into my hair. "O-okay...I-I'll...I'll relax." I nod. 

"Good." The man smiles. "You're in hospital. Can you tell me your name?" He asks as nurses rush around me as I stare at the man hovering over me.

"T-Tessa B-bla-" I start but stop talking at the next few words. 

"She's pregnant." A female voice says, making the man quickly snap his head towards the right. "She pregnant!" The lady shouts louder this time. 

"Get me Dr Evans!" The man yells as he starts walk away before I quickly grab onto his hand. 

"Who's pregnant?" I ask him. The man look down at me and his old honey coloured eyes go soft as he looks down at me and let's out a long sad sigh.