A Day in 'Paradise'

So I'm dedicating this chapter to Emma B and Kathryn. Kathryn- for helping me with the idea and Emma- for supporting my story even at swim practice. <3 Enjoy!

Aryn POV

I pushed open the doors of my boring prison and embraced the sunlight. I sign. Damn I hated it there. I felt weird now I will remember everything from this point forward. I felt like I wasn' t in my own skin anymore. Distant. I couldn't remember anything that happened during that year as a 16 year old, but I could still remember the basics. My name is Aryn Matherson. 17 years old. One brother. One father. No mom. Best friend, Nate. Boyfriend, Ryder. I could vaguely remember my other best friends from school, freshman year; Nicolette, Elyse, Gray, but something told me that when I went back, nothing was going to be the same. Two hands blocked my vision and I screamed. I'm being kidnapped!

"Boo. " I turned and braces myself to punch, but I meet squinted eyes and arms up in defense. Ryder.

"Aw. You suck. " I said pushing him slightly.

"Hey. " He hugged me and I hugged back. God, he smells nice. "Thanks. " he chuckled.

"What? Did I say that out loud? " He nodded and I blushed looking down.

"So I have a wonderful date planned for the two of us. " I smiled again and looked into his eyes. I never really noticed how they never really remained the same color. As we walked, they shifted.

"Really? Ryder, you really shouldn't have....." I trailed.

"I know. But are you really gonna object?"

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere, where there is food. "

"No. I'm not gonna object. " he smirked and laced his fingers with mine. We walked down the sidewalk and looked at all the windows of stores.

"Aryn?"

"Yeah?" I answered nuzzling my head into his neck.

"N-n-nevermind."

"So where to first. "

"Well first, we are going to my car so I can drive us there. " I didn't object and we approached his red mustang. He opened the door for me and I skidded onto the passenger seat. He ignited the car and we sped off. The car was anything but awkward and silent. We talked about anything and sang to the occasional song on the radio.

"Taylor Swift! Heck ya! " Ryder yelled pumping his fist into the air. I laughed and we both sang along to 'You Belong With Me'. After 15 minutes we were in the woods. Where are we going? Should I be concerned?

"Here we are. " I said parking. I looked around and saw a sign. It was a good distance away so I had to trudge up to see it.

'Zip-lining lessons'

Oh god.

"Zip-lining?" I asked.

"Yup! Is that a problem?"

"Of course not. " I smiled grabbing his wrist. "Let's go! "

-------------------------------------

Let's say zip-lining would have been fun, if I didn't almost kill myself twice. This felt pretty much like the first time I was going to start living for an entire year. I excitedly almost leapt off the 80 foot platform ready to zip, but forgot the part about being strapped to the zip cord. Luckily, Ryder grabbed my waist and pulled me close. I wasn't gonna complain him hold me around the waist.

Zip lining with Ryder was awesome, but something seemed like it was provoking him. Every time I called him 'boyfriend' or 'mine' we suppressed a smile. A fake one. One that was regretful and guilty. I didn't understand what was up, but went along with the. I repeatedly asked what was wrong, but the minutes I asked he smiled and shook it off. After a whole lesson and an hour of jumping around, we were brought back to the car.