Chapter 14- "Gates of the underworld"

Start from the beginning

"Sure, just let me get my backpack" and so she did.

We sat, but didn't talk, we didn't know what to say. I wanted to find out the whole story but I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, but I couldn't help it.

"Okay I don't care how long the story is, we have half an hour,so you better get started."

"Good because I want to know what happened between you and nico so bad" she whispered with relief and excitement.

I knew it. I really did know that Anna wanted to hear the story, but I didn't want to talk about it and bringing up the memory would make it even harder to get over it.

But a deal is a deal.

"Fine. The day at the hotel nico kissed me and I kissed him back and then he started saying how easy I was to get and I couldn't let him think of him like that so I behaved like that meant nothing to me although I spent all night crying." and then my eyes started to water.

I expected Anna like she was sorry, but she was more like examining me. "Why would he do that?"

"Don't you get it yet? He's a player,that's what he does" and a tear rolled down my chick.

"Oh Destiny, I'm so sorry, but it's just the fact that I know Nico many years now and he has never done this to any girl before". She said while wrapping her hands around me in a side hug and continued. "You know what that means, right? It means you're special to him."

That made no seance. If I was special to him why would he treated me like a jerk? The more I was thinking about it, the more complicated it was getting. So, I just had to stop thinking about it.

I wiped away my tear and asked sarcastically "So what happened while I almost died?"

She laughed a bit. "Well, I heard a noise coming from the roof and since everyone was sleeping I went on the train roof with Lucas and killed the other harpy, oh yeah I forgot to mention there was another one, it's sister."

"Since when to you talk to the bad boy?" I smirked and she smiled.

"He's not a bad boy. Besides, you were all sleeping and I couldn't get up there without help."

"Yeah right, like I would fall for that."

"Oh shut up" she said and laughed.

"Guys we're here." I turned and realised Tyler and Nathan were standing next to us.

"Are you nervous, Nathan?" I asked jokingly.

"I have a feeling I should lie and say no" he replied and we laughed.

"Come on, let's go." I said, stood up and walked out of the bus with my arm around his shoulders.

I cared about Nathan. I really did, just not that way.

When we got off the train, we all turned to nico, who seemed to be kinda out of place.

As soon as he noticed us he shook his head and muttered "The gate of the underworld is not far away from here. Follow me."

He started walking side by side with Lucas and whispering something to him furiously and Lucas tried to keep him calm by whispering something back, although he was smiling.

I, on the other hand, was walking with Nathan silently. I didn't know what to say, a situation I have experienced a lot lately.

We kept going and it was only 10 minutes later when nico stopped on his tracks. "We're here."

I looked at the building he was looking. "DOA recording studios?" I asked confused.

The underworld was located in a recording studio?

"Just follow me and don't talk okay? I've been here before after all."

Ugh. Why did he have to be so arrogant and mysterious and...cute. No. He's a player, you have to stay away, Des. That's the best for you.

We got inside and I was surprised that it wasn't very different from a regular recording studio, except from the fact that it was filled with dead people.

Literally. You could see through them.

"Can I help you?" A manly voice was heard.

We all viewed an elegant tall man with chocolate -colored skin and bleached -blonde hair, shaved military style. He wore a silk suit with a black rose pinned on his lapel under a silver name tag.

I read the name tag and whispered "Charon?"

"That's right , you can read, now how can I help you?"

I looked into his eyes, they were empty, full of disaster and despair.

"Uhm.." Nico coughed to get the attention. "Charon, we would like to see my father." 

"I'm afraid I ca-"

"Please, Charon" he insisted.

Charon smiled "You know, I always liked you more than your father."

Nico smiled back "Thanks, you're the best."

"Yeah, yeah i know just follow me" and we did.

••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Okii sooo this is chapter 14! They finally reached the gates of the underworld so you must have an idea of who they will meet soon.

Also, I know that based on the description I gave Bratt Pit is not very accurate but he was the closest I could find ant to be honest I'd like to see him as Charon.

I almost forgot, in case you haven't noticed I changed the actor of Nathan to Jamie Campbell Bower (love him!) There are a few reasons why but yeah.

Hope you like in hold on until chapter 15!