The whole ride to his house was filled with awkward exchanges in conversation, and the slight sound of the radio playing.

I glanced towards Jayce, who was relaxed in his seat, one hand on the steering wheel, and the other hanging out the window. He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by the ring tone of my phone.

I didn't bother to look at the caller I.D, since only 3 people ever called me, "Hello?"

"Alex, where are you?" A voice, which I identified as Colton, asked.

"I'm out with a friend, going to work on a project. Why? What's up?" I replied.

"I was wondering if you were going to Zac's party on Friday night." Of course Zac Bradley was throwing a party. He's known for his wild ragers. They were always filled with alcohol, booming music, and teenagers doing unholy things in the bedrooms.

"Since when have I ever gone to a party?"

He sighed, "Come on Alex, there's a first time for everything."

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Jayce eyeing me, probably eavesdropping on my conversation. "I'll think about it, " I said right before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" Jayce asked.

I looked over to him, "Colton."

"What did he want?" He seemed a bit nervous by the way he was gripping the steering wheel.

"He was just asking me if I was going to Zac's party on Friday."

"Oh," He mumbled, and muttered something after that was incoherent to me.

The whole time that I was on the phone, I hadn't noticed that Jayce pulled into a cul de sac street. He drove straight into the driveway of a 2-story house.

We both stepped out of the car. My head tilted up examining the tan looking house. There was a balcony on the second floor with light pink curtains flowing in the wind. I was surprised when a little girl with brunette hair scurried out, holding a teddy bear, with a bright big smile on her face, "Jay!"

I turned to Jayce, who grinned back up at her and waved happily.

"Little sister?" I questioned.

He nodded, and gestured for us to go inside, "I'll introduce you two."

I followed him through the glass double doors, and stepped onto the polished hardwood floor.

He led me to the living room, that contained two large black couches, with a red loveseat, a glass coffee table, and flat screen hung up on the wall, with a few game consoles and DVD's on the shelves.

Jayce noticed my wandering eyes, and smirked, "Like my house?"

"It's definitely better than mine," I replied laughing slightly.

"Jay," I heard the little girl voice say followed by quick footsteps coming down the stairs.

She ran down the stairs, jumping towards Jayce, who picked her up quite easily. He kissed her cheek, "Miss me Em?"

She nodded, giggling, "I missed you so much!"

He put her down, and she noticed me. I smiled at her and waved slightly.

"Who's this Jay?" She asked, looking up at him.

He crouched down to her height, "This is my very good friend Alexandria, but you can call her Alex."

She hesitantly walked over to me and gazed up at me, looking at me as if I was some monster, and I crouched down just like Jayce, "Hi sweetie, what's your name?"