Memories

"You are my sunshine.
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
when skies are grey.
You don't know dear.
How much I love you.
Please,
don't take my sunshine away."

I was an infant at the time, but I could still clearly hear her voice. That and my fathers voice.

It was still a time that he was lucid.

Not on a raging rampage from when I remember.

The bright light blinded my eyes as consciousness took over. There was soft muttering away from were I was. But I couldn't make out what they were saying.

I opened my eyes and twisted in the little bed before looking around the room I was in. At first I was expecting the cherry oak wood to come back to sight but instead I was faced with stone walls and a mini fire place.

You are my sunshine.

In all reality the full version of the song is a very depressing tale. The male talks about a loved one leaving and expresses his feelings and in Johnny Cages version you can hear the pain and raw emotions the song brings.

Even to this day that I think of this song I tear up, because its such a happy little song but then again its not.

The stained wooden door open and Blake walked in with a tray full of medical supplies. He didn't even pause as he sat by my side and pushed and pulled away some gauze on my neck.

My only sunshine.

The colors were back, flashing red and green again, but I paid them no mind. Instead stared straight ahead at the dark stain wooden ceiling. Every once in awhile I would turn my head to the side so Blake could get a better look or a spot that he miss with the ointment.

He left a little while after. There was no words exchanged between us.

Honestly why would there be.

You make me happy.

I had almost died and then fell asleep in his arms. There's a gaping hole in the side of my neck. And we're in a different cabin, so that means we had moved while I was out.

Moved to where? I have no clue.

When skies are grey.

My hands came up and covered my ears as I rolled onto my side. These voices need to stop. They bring back to many memories.

All bad memories. With such a simple song.

I was never one to handle all these emotions, all this pain and these visions and voices.

You don't know dear,

Where was Tim when you needed him?

The flash became to much so I squished my eyes shut tightly. I didn't need this right now. I just want to go home.

Something warm came into contact with my cheek and my eyes shot open to see Blake kneeling besides the bed with a plate, my pills and a bottle of water. "You have to eat."