Chapter 14

<<This book is for teens only. Must be older than (or) twelve to continue reading this book. Also, this book is pretty violent>>  

My heart sank.

"You're... Mr. Malum?" I asked as I felt my hands tremble. Why am I being a scaredy cat? Usually, I'm never afraid when I'm around people, but this guy...

He's the comfortable kind.

"Yes, I am Mr. Malum. And you are?" he asked as he smiled brightly I thought I would go blind.

If I tell him my name, things aren't going to be pretty.

I smiled and did a curtsey. "I'm Penelope Jenkins," I lied. He grinned and bowed.

"Pleasure meeting you, Penelope," he said. 

Ha! What an ignorant fool! He actually felt for it! I have to warn Skyler about him. If I don't, my life's on the line. Ever since that man warned me about Mr. Malum and said that he won't treat me kindly, I had the feeling he was going to kill me instead. Clever, but not clever enough.

I put on a fake smile and stepped away from him. "I better get going. My date is probably waiting for me," I said as I turned and walked toward the drinks table. A hand firmly grasped my wrist and pulled me really close. Mr. Malum brings me close to his chest and he whispers in my ear.

"You're a dirty liar, Pixel," he said as his hot breath was on my skin. I blushed and pulled away from him. He smiled and began to chuckle lowly.

"Were you trying to deceive me? I knew it was you when I first laid eyes on you," he said as he stepped closer to me. I felt my skin turn pale as he took one step toward me until he was only an inch from me.

I grinned maliciously, "Aw! I thought it would work! Poor little me," I said as I tried to hide the fear that was growing inside of me. I tried to stop trembling as he brushed his fingers against my cheek.

"From what I heard from one of my men, they said that a murderous, white-haired girl was killing everyone in the warehouse. Surely, that mustn't be you?" he said as he grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him.

I scowled at him and stared daggers into his eyes. "Oh, I know that man. He was talking about some guy that will hurt me or something and then I killed him," I said as I gave him a wicked chuckled. He frowned and came close to my face.

"Yes, yes. But, there was one thing he didn't mention," he whispered in my ear. I stared at him and laughed.

"Really? And what could that be?" I asked as I smiled menacingly at him. He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"He never said you would be beautiful," He murmured as he pulled me for more kisses. I was filled with anger and horror as he kept kissing my neck.

"Stop it! Get away from me!" I hissed as I struggled to break free from his grasp. He trailed his hand up my thigh and touched my backside. Well, at least it wasn't the thigh that had the knife strapped to it. I blushed and kicked him as hard as I could.

"We could take this in one of the homeowner's empty rooms," he whispered. I blushed harder and finally punched his nose. He grunted as he fell back while holding his bloody nose. I ran away from him while looking for Skyler.

"Sky! Where the hell are you!?" I said as I looked through the crowd for him. I heard whispers and noises through the whole crowd.

"Who is that girl?" said an elderly woman.

"I saw her punch a man, how rude," said one man while scrunching his nose.

"Why is her hair white?" asked a woman while drinking a glass of wine.

"Who is she running from?" asked an another man.

I looked around and there was no Skyler around. Panic struck me as I thought about him leaving me. I rushed outside of the mansion while leaving the party and looked through the parking lot. The black sports utility was still parked.

I squinted my eyes and saw that no one was inside the car.

"Deary! You really shouldn't have done that in public!" shouted Mr. Malum as he rushed in after me. I ran toward the car, opened it and slammed it shut while locking all the doors. I was breathing heavily as he walked up to the window and smiled creepily.

"Come out, Pixel! I'd like to get to know you more!" he shouted through the window. I covered my ears and I felt tears streaming down my cheek.

"Leave me alone!" I yelled back at him. I was horrified now that I know that Mr. Malum really is trying to kill me. Then, I thought about Skyler.

He left me here with a... creep that wants me really bad! I kept crying until I heard a shout and the window shattered open. I looked up and Mr. Malum grabbed my neck while unlocking the door and was dragging me out. I gasped for air as his hand tightened around my neck.

"You really don't want to mess with me, Pixel!" he said as he let go of my neck and pulled my hair toward a white mustang car. I choked and fear struck me.

"Let me go!" I shouted as he opened the door and threw me inside. He slammed it shut and went around the car to the driver's seat. Once he was inside, he grabbed a cloth from his suit jacket and put it on my mouth. I struggled for breath and tried to escape until my body went numb and my sight blurred.

"I finally have the murderer," he said into the phone. He looked at me and smiled.

"Don't worry, you'll be in good hands," I heard him say before I blacked out.

*********

I woke up in a cold and dark room with no windows. I looked around and saw that my hands and feet were tied to a chair. Thanks to that chloroform, I had a major headache banging inside of my head.

"Have you slept well, dear Pixel?" asked a familiar voice in the shadows. I looked up and saw a figure emerge from the shadows. I growled and struggled to break free from the ropes that held me down.

"Woah! Feisty, aren't you?" said Mr. Malum as he stepped toward me and lifted my chin. I hissed and bit his hand. He pulled back immediately and frowned at me. "Maybe too feisty," he said as blood trickled down his hand. I laughed and rocked in the chair.

"Come any closer and I'll bite your hand off!" I said while chuckling. I felt my insanity coming back to me now that I feel trapped like before in the asylum. He frowned even deeper and sighed.

"I'm only here to ask you to work for me," he said as he pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the blood. I laughed louder and gritted my teeth.

"Yep! I've heard that one before!" I said as I bit my lip. I tasted blood and smiled happily. It's been so long since I last saw, smelt, or even tasted blood! It felt good to be insane.

"Work for me and I'll let him go," he said as he leaned in forward. I smiled and slightly tilted my head.

"Let who go?" I asked as I grinned maliciously. He sighed and walked into the shadows again and dragged a noisy chair with a limp body tied to it.

Skyler.