Chapter 5

"Stop digging in my wound already!" I hissed as Skyler was moving the tweezers around in it. He looked up at me and sighed.

"If you stop moving, this wouldn't hurt at all!" he shouted at me. I frowned at him.

"Just pull the damn bullet out!" I said between my clenched teeth.

"Yeesh! Alright, alright," he said as he pushed the tweezers deeper into the bullet wound.

I held my scream in my throat and I felt sweat trickle down my forehead. The pain hurt so much... that I had to slap Skyler.

"What the hell?!" he said as he rubbed his cheek.

"If you didn't have horrible aiming with that machine gun... NONE OF THIS WOULD'VE HAPPENED!" I snapped at him.

He glared at me. "You think this is my fault? What about you? You just let them take you into the van without even picking up a fight!" he snapped back.

I frowned at him, "I was planning something until you ruined it!" I shouted at him. The plan was to kill all of them in the van and drive the van through the S.W.A.T. team and drive away from the asylum. But, Mr. Men in Black had to fire that damn machine gun without even trying to aim!

Skyler sighed and his expression changed from anger to concern. "Look. I'm sorry, okay? I just..." he said as he rolled up his sleeves with my blood stained on them. "I-I panicked when I thought you just given up like that. So, I turned on the machine gun and fired it at the men that were taking you," he said as he grabbed a hand towel and dabbed it on my wound.

I flinched as he cleaned my wound dry. He didn't even take out the bullet!

"I got so... worried. I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" he said as he looked down. I stared at him and sighed.

"Fine. But before I let you off the hook," I said as I struggled to sit up. "Why the hell did you call me 'Darling'?" I asked while frowning at him.

Skyler grinned happily, "So I could trick the guard that you're my girlfriend," he said while brushing my cheek.

I reacted and grabbed his wrist. "Ha ha. Very funny. But, FYI... people don't call their girlfriends 'Darling' in this generation," I said as I tightened my grip on his wrist. Skyler pulled his wrist away from me.

"Geez! When was the last time you cut your nails?" he said as he blew on his wrist. I rolled my eyes.

"You're such a drama queen!" I said as I grabbed a wet towel and threw it at him. "Just hurry up and pull the god damn bullet,"

********

After finally getting the bullet out, I changed into a white blouse with navy blue jeans after shouting at Skyler to get out of the bathroom. I walked out of the bathroom and spotted him resting his head on the arm of the sofa. I took a peek to see if he was sleeping and he was sleeping soundlessly. His black blouse was covered in my blood and his black bangs were covering his eyes. His mouth was slightly open and his breathing was really quiet.

I smiled and sneaked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge quietly and there was some leftover cheeseburger, five pudding cups, one lettuce, a tomato, and ice cream. I took the whole bucket of ice cream and grabbed a spoon from the drawer of silverware. I gently sat on an empty spot next to Skyler as he slept and grabbed a black controller.

I turned on the TV and quickly pressed mute. I then surfed through the channels to see what was good while eating the ice cream with big scoops.

After watching a boring TV drama named 'Psyche', I changed the channel and the news was on. I pressed unmute and watched the news.

"We interrupt this program to bring you shocking news," the news reporter said as a picture of me popped on the top corner of the screen. "Psychotic killer, Pixel Violet Gates, has escaped the asylum and killed half of the S.W.A.T. team with a chef's knife and a machine gun. We need everyone to stay indoors at night until the police catch this murderer," she continued on.

My eyes grew wide in surprise. I put down the ice cream bucket and shook Skyler awake.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up, Skyler!" I said as I shoved him harder.

"Huh? What? What is it, Pixel?" he said as he rubbed his eyes.

I pointed at the TV and smiled menacingly. "I'm on TV!" I giggled. Skyler narrowed his eyes at the TV then his expression changed.

"Shit! I forgot to put away the machine gun!" he exclaimed. He then sat up and grabbed his hair. "No. It's fine. They can't find the fingerprints on that thing because I wore my gloves. It's fine, it's fine," he said in a panicky voice. I tilted my head in confusion.

"Skyler? Are you okay?" I said as I scooted closer to him. He let go of his hair and looked deeply into my eyes.

"Pixel, your work starts at dawn."