Chapter 9

<<This book is for teens only. Must be older than (or) twelve to continue reading this book. Also, this book is pretty violent>>    

I frowned at him. "What do you mean his body disappeared?" I said as the shop lady gave me the bag with the dress in it. 

Skyler shook his head, "My men can't find him anywhere! There's no way he can just get up from being stabbed in the head and run away!" he said with a panicky tone. I sighed and grabbed his collar and dragged him out of the shop.

I kept dragging him until we reached the parking lot. I let go of him and stared into his eyes.

"We have to go see for ourselves then," I said as I strode toward the black sports utility. Skyler ran after me and quickly got into the driver's seat as I got into the passenger seat.

"Fine, but if we meet the police, I think you should do the talking to them," he said as he quickly put on the seatbelt. I smiled viciously.

"Just leave the 'talking' to me," I said as I laid back in my seat. Skyler put the car in reverse and drove away from the mall.

*******

As we got to the pawn shop, there was a lot of men in black suits and they looked like street boys. Some of them have scars on their faces, while others have tattoos on their wrist and their face. Some have piercings on their nose, ears, eyebrows, and lip. The sight of them made me want to gag.

"Yo, boss! Glad you could make it," said one of the men in black suits with a tattoo on his bald head.

Skyler nodded and looked past him, "Did the police come here?" he asked as he took off his suit jacket and handed it to one of the men. The tattooed head shook his head. Skyler gestured me toward the shop as he waved some of his men to look inside. Then I heard some whispers behind me.

"Is this the girl the boss was talking about?" one whispered loudly.

"She looks too young to do the dirty work for him," said another.

"I didn't expect her to be so small," said another one.

"She doesn't look insane," another one whispered loudly.

I felt my anger rise. I swiftly pulled the knife that was tied to my waist and pointed it at the men's.

"I want you guys to shut up or I'll slit your throats open!" I shouted at them angrily. They all flinched except the buff looking one.

"How are you going to do that? You're just a little girl!" he said while chuckling. I swiftly ran toward him and put the knife against his throat.

"Fucking listen to me. I'm only here to do one job and that job is to kill. If you rather work with someone else, I'm fine with that. But for now, you're going to have to work with me. If you don't like that, then you could go home and cry to your fucking mom like the chicken shit you are!" I snapped at him as he started crying.

God! These men are like little girls!

I sighed and put the knife away and walked toward the counter where Gabe had the shotgun. What surprised me was the shotgun was missing. I looked behind the counter and bingo! There was a trap door on the ground. I opened it and shouted for Skyler.

"Hey, Skyler! I found something!" I shouted as he rushed toward me. He looked down at the trap door and smiled at me.

"Very clever of you, detective Pixel," he said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and entered through the trap door. As I got in, I noticed this place smelled like piss and I landed in a puddle.

God dammit! We're in the sewer!

Skyler covered his nose with the sleeve of his blouse. "Yeesh! It smells like we're in the sewer!" he muffled through his sleeve. I glared at him and walked through the dark, smelly passageway. As I kept going further, I heard some voices ahead.

"Looks like Tenebris is making his first move already," one low and gruff voice said.

I then heard a whimper.

"We're so screwed! Did he hire an assassin? Who would do such a thing to Gabe!?" the high pitched male voice said as it continued to whimper.

I turned to Skyler and put a finger to my lip to silence him. I quietly sneaked closer and jumped out of hiding.

There were two men that looked startled when they saw me. There was a buff one with a tank top on and there was a scrawny one that... looks like a rat.

"Shit! We've been spotted!" said the scrawny one as he ran toward a gun just sitting on a chair next to Gabe's body. I took out the knife and ran toward the buff looking one. I slashed the knife through his shoulder and he grunted and grabbed my wrist and violently threw me far.

"So, you're the assassin? You're so tiny!" he said as he picked up a bat.

Really? A bat? It's not like he's trying to make me fly to a home run.

I grinned maliciously at him. "Me? An assassin? No, more likely I'm doing this because I want to!" I shouted as I jabbed the knife into his side. He yelled in pain as I took out the knife and jammed it into his shoulder.

So much blood for a big guy.

I laughed insanely and kept stabbing him over and over again. I kept stabbing around the heart because that's my favorite part to play with in the end and I kept doing it until I heard a gunfire. I l looked up and glared at the scrawny one. He was shaking in fear as he saw me covered in blood and I had a grin plastered on my face.

"You... you killed Dave!" he finally said as he pointed a gun at me. I smiled sweetly and got off the dead body that belonged to this 'Dave' and walked over to the rat man.

"Don't you wanna play with me? You can't just leave a little girl like me to play alone," I said as I slowly approached him. He trembled as he took a step back from me.

"G-get away from me! I-I'll shoot and I don't wanna hurt a girl!" he said with a shaky voice. I laughed insanely and ran toward him. He screamed and I heard gunfire... but not from him.

I stopped running and turned to face whoever ruined the fun.

Skyler was holding the pistol from before and was aiming it at the rat man. "Pixel, get away from that man," he said in a serious tone. I scoffed and planted my bloody hands on my hip.

"Why? Are you trying to ruin my fun here?" I asked as I pointed at the dead body of the rat man. Skyler sighed and lowered the gun.

"No, because he almost shot you," he said with concern in his eyes. He took a deep breath and put the gun away.

"I don't want you to get hurt like before," he said as he looked away from me. I blinked and laughed.

"Now you care for me? Just let me have my fun... okay?" I said as I walked toward him and held my hand out for his gun. He glared at me and sighed. He handed me the gun and I tied it to my waist.

"Now go before one of your baby girls start crying when they find you missing because of me,"