Chapter 8

<<This book is for teens only. Must be older than (or) twelve to continue reading this book. Also, this book is pretty violent>>   

Finally! 

After getting a meal and grabbing some weapons to kill, Skyler and I were in his black sports utility and he was searching something on his laptop.

"Alright.... First victim... Gabrial Evergreen. Age: twenty-five. Work: he owns a pawn shop that sells and buys gold. This guy owes me a lot of money for using some of my weapons," Skyler said as he shut off his laptop... that's also black!

He then turned to face me and grinned. "You can beat this guy, right?" he said while staring at the taser gun which is tied to my waist. "Also, where did you get that?" he asked while pointing at the taser gun. I smiled devilishly.

"Oh, this? I 'borrowed' it from one of the 'mean' people who gave me garbage for breakfast," I said while examining the taser gun. Skyler stared at me in surprise. Then he narrowed his eyes and smiled at me.

"Is it me, or are you becoming more sane each hour?" he asked. I scoffed and glared at him.

"I think you forgot 'in' in 'insane'. Don't you know how to spell?" I corrected him.

"Well, if you can kill this guy in... about ten to fifteen minutes, I'll buy you whatever you desire," he said as gestured me to get out of the car. I smiled and opened the door and then I turned to him.

"Make that eight minutes," I said as I slammed the door shut.

After getting in the pawn shop, I was greeted by a bald man and his beard was chest length.

"Good evening, miss..." he stopped as he examined me and his expression changed to horror. "You're... you're..." he said as he pointed a shaky finger at me. I looked at the digital clock next to the man.

12: 50 pm.

Then I stared back at the bald man.

I grinned menacingly, "Hello~! I'm looking for a man named Gabrial Evergreen?" I asked sweetly. The bald man stood up and took out a shotgun from underneath the counter.

"G-get back! I swear, I'll-" I took out the taser gun and fired it at him. The bald man's body was shaking nonstop until he stared at me in fear. "You're the devil's spawn!" he said as tears trailed down his cheek.

Oh, please. Can this guy be any more girly?

I sighed and kicked his body around. "You're wrong. The only spawn I am," I said as I pointed the chef's knife between his eyes.

"Is Satan," shlink! I pushed the knife between his eyes that were still frozen in fear. Blood trickled down and parted both ways after reaching the bridge of his nose. I looked at the digital clock once more.

12: 56 pm.

I smiled and grabbed the rim of his shirt and dragged him outside. Skyler got out of the car and ran toward me.

"Wow, that was quick," he said as he looked at the limp body. I dropped the taser gun into Skyler's hands.

"As promised," I said while smiling happily. Skyler groaned and took out his black iPhone.

"Hey, it's me, Tenebris... Yeah, I know... 'kay, I need you to gather some men and look into the pawn shop where Gabe's body is lying... Don't believe me? You could ask this girl who killed him," he said on the phone while looking at me. I smiled and entered the car.

Hell! Sounds to me that he's talking to one of his gang friends... more likely he's talking to his daddy! I giggled to myself at the thought of that. Then Skyler came into the driver's seat and sighed.

"What would you like to buy?" he asked as he put on his black fedora. I thought for a long while until it hit me.

"How about a phone, and better clothing than the one's that belonged to your sister,?" I asked as Skyler flinched when I said 'sister'.

Oops. I think I pulled a nerve.

Skyler sighed and put the car in reverse and drove away from the pawn shop.

********

Skyler parked his car in the parking spaces that belonged to the mall and turned to face me. "Are you sure you want to go like that?" he said as he pointed at my hair and my blood-stained pink shirt. Before I could open my mouth, he reached for the back seat and pulled a bag from Walmart. He tossed it to me and grinned.

"I noticed that you hate the color pink, so I got you something... darker," he said as he laid back in his seat. I opened the bag and frowned.

There was a black hoodie, a black T-shirt that says 'Not in the mood to talk' with the grumpy cat on it and I heard Skyler trying to hold in his laugh.

I glared at him.

"I hate you,"

"I know. But someday, you'll thank me,"

"More like kill you,"

"Yeah, if you kill everyone on my Revenge list,"

I rolled my eyes and pulled on the T-shirt and put the hoodie on and looked at myself in the rearview mirror. I hate being honest, but I do look like a little girl! Dammit! Skyler was right! I moaned and pulled my knees closer to my chest and hid my face by covering it with the hoodie. Skyler chuckled and pulled the hoodie from my face.

"You look cute!" he said as he ruffled my hair. I growled at him and bit his hand. Skyler pulled his hand from me and looked at the bite marks on his hand. "Yeesh! Maybe I should call you my guard dog from now on," he said with a smirk. I frowned at him even more and got out of the car and slammed the door shut.

"Fuck you!" I shouted angrily at the car. I spun on my heels and headed toward the mall. When I made it inside, there were so many clothes shops that I had to pick at least two to choose my new clothing. I went inside one that was playing a cheesy pop music called 'Call me maybe'. I looked at the clothes and examined them. Most of them were pink, but the ones that caught my attention was the navy blue mini dress with golden buttons on it. I kept staring at it until I heard Skyler's voice call out to one of the workers.

"Excuse me! I think she wants to try this on," he said as he pulled the mini dress from the hangers and gave it to me. I frowned at him.

"The fuck are you doing here?" I growled angrily. Skyler smiled and pointed at the dressing rooms.

"Aren't you going to try it on?" he asked with that damn smirk from before. I scowled and strode into the dressing rooms.

After stripping out of the bloody shirt and the ugly T-shirt, I put on the dress and I looked in the mirror. The dress was soft and elegant. I kept looking at it until I heard Skyler shout through the door.

"You done already?" he asked. I rolled my eyes and came out of the dressing room. Skyler stared at me in surprise and smiled. "Well, well. Don't you look beautiful," he said as he examined me. I frowned and went back inside the dressing room and finished dressing in my bloody clothes and the T-shirt. As I got out, Skyler was talking on his phone.

When he saw me out of the dressing room, he put the phone away and he had an urgent look in his eyes.

"Gabe's body... disappeared!"