"Mom I don't know how going to the movies hurt me at all."

"What are you talking about? What are movies? You went to the ball last night at the castle. It was the first time that you weren't accompanied by your father and I. I was nervous to let you go but your father said it would be fine. Now I'm not so sure you are here talking about things that don't even exist."

I went to a ball! I had always dreamed about going to a ball and now I did and I couldn't even remember going to it. I wasn't sure how but some how I was able to go back to the time I had always dreamed of. I finally would be able to see what it would be like to live in the medieval times and see which time is truly better.

"Sorry mother I must still be tired from the ball."

I knew my best bet to not look insane to my mom would be to start playing along. It seemed like I had a life here and I needed to figure out what it was before people started thinking something was wrong with me. I walked over to my mom and she started helping me get dressed for the day. It was strange how comfortable the dress really was, I always pictured them to be hard to move in and uncomfortable. My breath was taken away a few times as she laced up the back of the dress, my mom would pull the strings tight as she was tying it and I couldn't believe how tight she was making it. When she was finally done it did take a few seconds to get comfortable in the dress again. When she was happy with the look of the dress and my hair she moved back towards my door.

"I will meet you in the kitchen. We have to start cooking for the picnic."

"Okay I will be there in a minute."

I smiled and walked over to my vanity to see what I looked like fully dressed. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the dress and my mom has my hair pulled back then two small braids with some of my hair just hanging down. I couldn't stand here too long looking at myself, I made my way to my door and walked out of the room and it was no longer a two level house but now all on one level. It didn't take me long to find where the kitchen was and I made my way over to my mom; seeing her with all the pans on the stove and on the counter was different ingredients that the pans on the stove.

"Grab the bowl and start mixing everything together to make the apple pie."

In  no time I was able to have the batter all put together and I walked over to where my mom was with a pan to put the dough in to make a crust. It took around thirty minutes until the pie was done. When my mom pulled it out it I was impressed with how the pie turned out, I was still in awe that I was able to make this.

"Grab your cloak, I don't want you cold out there. We should start heading." 

***********************************************************************

I followed my mother through the town, we weren't far outside of the castle wall. I knew this meant we had some kind of wealth but not enough to be behind the castle walls. Walking next to the wall of the castle was just unreal everything during this time was made by hand and seeing it up close was something else.  None of the buildings where I came from looked this nice and they were made with machines. The gate into the courtyard were open for people to enter in freely. I watched as my mom continued into the courtyard. Once we were in the courtyard I could see other families had brought food and they were all setting it up on a table towards the wall to the right of us when we came in.

"Hello Lily."

I turned around when I heard a familiar voice and when I saw who was attached to the voice I was a little bit of shock that Adam was here. I smiled when I saw a friendly face, and I was hoping that our relationship here was the same like the one in the real world. I didn't want to come across strange to him as well.

"Hello Adam."

He gestured for me to walk in front of him before he would start walking beside me. I would have to get use to this chivalry thing because here it was still alive. I wasn't use to guys wanting to put someone in front of them and go above for what they need.

"Lily I am happy that I was able to accompany you to the ball last night. I know how much you only saw us as friends but now I am hoping we can keep moving in the direction we started to last night."

He looked so happy and I could only imagine what took place last night. The one thing that I saw as relief was that I didn't go with a stranger to the party last night but now Adam thought we were moving in a direction of being more than friends. In this world I wasn't as good at redirecting his affections like I was before.  I did this to him and I have no idea what to say to make it okay again because even in this world I knew my feelings were still the same, Adam was my friend and that was the only way I wanted it.

"Yes I had fun too. I only wish I could remember what happened."

Adam looked at me with a little surprise in his expression. I am sure that it wasn't what he wanted to hear because he thought of it as a step moving forward and I just put a stop to that.  I needed him to know the truth because I figured he would understand me a little better and not look at me like I was crazy. Maybe I could figure out a little more about this life without having to sound like I lost my mind.

"You don't remember anything from last night?"

"No I woke up in my room not knowing where I was and how I got here."

"Was it that bad that you can't remember anything. I can try to help you out if you want?"

"Yes I like the sound of that. I will definitely need help if I am going to be able to make it through everyday life here."

"Lily sweetie please come over here."

I saw my mother at the table waving at me to join her. I didn't want to have her be upset with me by not listening to her. This conversation with Adam would have to continue later on. I turned back to Adam.

"I should go over to my mom."

He bowed and then moved over for me to walk to my mom. My mom was standing in a circle with nobles, I was a little nervous as I made my way over to them. When I got over there I noticed they turned to look at me which made me even more nervous because of my mom calling me over must have meant that I was apart of their conversation. I did a curtsy to everyone in the group.

"Good day to everyone."

I was hoping I didn't mess up this language because the slang that was used in current times wasn't the same proper english that these nobles were use too. When no one seemed upset by my greeting I gave a small smile to everyone in the circle.

"Lily this is Lady Morgan. She just moved here with her family."

I gave a little nod to her to show I was saying welcome. I didn't know what to say and figured it was the best to just stay quiet and let the women do the talking. I did know I needed to at least give the proper welcome before just listening to them talk.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lady Morgan."

"Same to you."

I still hadn't found out if we held a title or not but I was assuming that we did because my mom was friends with all the other ladies and other nobles. As the ladies continued with their conversations I just stood by my mom just outside of the circle but still able to hear the conversation going on with them.