Chapter 50: Back To Normal

Start from the beginning

Without asking for my permission, he took his legs down onto the floor and walked into the room. Unlike the first time he did this, I was not upset at all. He put his hands into his pockets and responded, "They have just discharged me from the hospital seeing that I am fit as a fiddle. Anyway, I came here to give you something."

I had listened to every single word he uttered, but after noticing a dark spot on his cheek, I forgot everything that he said and I queried with a frown, "Is that a bruise on your cheek?"

He looked alarmed for a quick moment before he recovered his poise and answered, "It's nothing."

I took a step closer to him, consumed by concern. I realized that the lights were turned off because I was supposed to be asleep that time, so the entire room was dark, but we could still see things around us thanks to the bright moon in the sky. I told him, "It is a bruise, Sasuke. And it looks fresh. I'll turn on the light and apply the ointment-"

"No," he sternly demanded as he snatched my wrist. I stared at him with wide eyes and he continued, "Don't worry about this bruise. This is the one I got from the fight I had with Naruto. It will heal soon enough."

I furrowed my dark eyebrows in puzzlement. But it still looks oddly fresh. It's like he was punched by someone merely one hour ago. And if he said he got it from Naruto, why didn't the nurse heal him while they were discharging him from the hospital? Don't tell me... he got into another fight? With Naruto again? Or Kakashi? He said he would have a talk with Sasuke following their showdown.

"Fine," I heaved a sigh, "but you must apply the ointment right now."

The ravenette mulled over this offer for a while before he wordlessly nodded his head. He released my wrist and I walked in the direction of my study table where I had placed the ointment. I found it easily despite the lack of light and ambled back to Sasuke. I handed the ointment to him. Once he got his hand on it, he eyed it expressionlessly. He must've noticed that this is the ointment he bought for me.

He cast his eyes around the room as if looking for something and his gaze eventually landed on a full-body mirror that I owned. And then it hit me. Sasuke wants to smear the ointment on his bruise, but in order to do such action perfectly, he needs a mirror. But unfortunately, due to the lack of light in this room, the area around the mirror was undoubtedly dingy. Thinking the same thing as well, the Uchiha tore his gaze away from the mirror and slid the ointment open. Is he going to apply it without using a mirror?

An idea sprang to my mind. Without saying anything, I pulled him to the bed where the moonlight shone brighter than any area in the room. We plopped ourselves down on my bed and I took it upon myself to apply the medicinal cream on his bruise and he silently allowed me.

While rubbing the cream on the bruise, I couldn't help but wonder what had happened to him. I had an almost irresistible impulse to ask him about it, but I got a feeling that he would snap at me. I did not want to hear more appalling words thrown at me from his mouth. I also desired not to piss him off even further for he had already gone through many things that day. Asking him about his day wouldn't help him at all.

I stole a glance at his face. He was staring into space again, gazing somewhere around my neck. I didn't know if I was over-thinking this or what but I could faintly discern sadness in his onyx eyes. I looked back at the bruise and realized that it was gone. The ointment had done a great job in curing it in such a short time.

"It's done," I informed him as I closed the ointment tightly. I got up and put it back on my study table and turned around to gaze at him, "So? What is it?"

I referred to the reason why he came here. He stood up from my bed and shoved his hand into his pocket and then pulled it out again with something small in his grip. He walked and once he was in front of me, he revealed it.