Chapter 47: His Wish

Start from the beginning

Until she rebelled that very same day.

She and her army of bodyguards were strolling in the streets when there was a commotion in front of them. A shopkeeper apparently kicked a boy with a spiky yellow hair out of his shop and called him a monster. All of the bodyguards jumped to stand in front of Ayuda, protecting her from any possible threats. The girl glanced behind her and was aware that a big crowd gathered in to witness the rare commotion. She was utterly bemused by the fact that none of them stepped up and helped the blond boy, but she pushed that thought aside and crept away, using the huge crowd to her advantage in order to escape from her bodyguards. She ended up arriving at an abandoned park.

And there she was, standing before a boy who possessed a pair of onyx eyes. Now that she was a few feet away from him, she noted that he was indeed cute.

The reason why she did not walk away from him was because she held a silent desire to be his friend.

Believe it or not, the boy also held carried the same eagerness.

An awkward silence surrounded the two kids. Both of them were too shy to look at each other in the eye which prompted them looking everywhere but one another. While Sasuke was racking his brain in search of a solution that would ease off the awkwardness, he suddenly recalled a small advice Itachi gave him. When you meet someone, the first thing you should say to them is...

The little Uchiha threw his eyes back to the girl and said, "Hi."

The purple-eyed girl stared at Sasuke, looking a little bit surprised at his innocent one word. But then her facial expression relaxed and she replied with a timid voice, "Hi."

Another breeze of uneasy silence befell, causing Sasuke to anime-sweatdrop and think, 'Why is it getting more awkward than before...? But after that, nii-san told me to...'

Sasuke questioned with a smile, "How are you?"

The dark-haired girl averted her gaze. Her downcast eyes caused Sasuke to completely drop his smile. He began thinking if the question was kind of inappropriate to ask her when she answered in a low voice, "I'm fine."

An additional silence took place and this time, the two kids started musing the same thing, 'I didn't know that speaking to another human can be so difficult and awkward...'

However, Sasuke refused to allow the wave of silence to overwhelm the atmosphere and began thinking hard on what question that would make the girl speak more. He blurted out without thinking twice, "What did you draw just now?"

The unidentified girl blinked her eyes a few times at Sasuke with that 'did-you-just-ask-me-that' look. The young boy was quick to detect that message in her eyes, making him think he asked a stupid question and he felt like he wanted to drown himself right then and there in pure embarrassment.

He was going to apologize to her when his voice halted in his throat upon seeing the girl turning around and responding, "I'm not good at drawing, but I just want to let it all out."

Sasuke tilted his head to the side with eyebrows furrowing in perplexity. He then quietly followed the girl, ambling towards the middle of the park where her drawing was located at. The two of them crouched down around the drawing and inspected it.

The drawing was very simple and easy to draw, but it took a good five seconds for the onyx-eyed observer to comprehend the sketch. It was a picture of a bow designed in a very stylish way. Due to the foreign style and the below-average drawing skill, it was slightly difficult for him to fully fathom the illustration, but fortunately, he managed to figure it out within a few seconds.