Bzzt. Bzzt.

My phone buzzed off a couple of times from spams in a chat group.

I opened them.

Kiyoka and Asami were already on their way to the carnival.

On the top bar, I had another unopened message.

It was from Kazehaya.

' I can pick you up. ^^'

'I'll be okay by myself. Thanks Kazehaya!' Let's meet there."

Knock knock.

I got up and opened my front door.

There stood him, with his hands in his pockets. He was wearing a casual black vest with grey tie.

"Yatsuga?"

"Ayano. I'm afraid you'll have to cancel your appointment with your friends."

"Eh?"

"Come, meet us in the car,"

"Alright." I replied.

My mind questioned where I was being taken to. Perhaps, it's urgent.

Without hesitation, I went out and locked door before entering the car.

The car drove off.

"Where are we heading?.." I asked.

"There is someone who would like to meet you. He works with the higher authorities and has close connection of your paternal family ."

I nodded.

Paternal family.. So they do exist after all.

The car drove into an office building. Yatsuga and the chief of security accompanied me.

"Just relax," the chief chirped, reading my expression.

I smiled bitterly. As much as I was curious, I was anxious of the impression that I brought.

They led me into one of the meeting rooms.

"Welcome Miss Ayano. We've been expecting you. Have a seat." One of the man greeted me.

My stomach churned in.

There were a lot of unfamiliar faces in the room.

I sat down next to Yatsuga.

"This is Mr Murei, whom I spoke of. Mr Murei has been monitoring your life in the background. Until recently, there has been serious issues that were brought up. "

This person must have been one of Mother's friend.

"It's good to finally meet you in person, Ayano." Mr Murei greeted me,"I'm sure Mr Yatsuga has warned you about the guys out there, looking for you."

I nodded.

He pushed a thick, blue document towards me.

"All the informations you need, is in there."

I took and flipped them open, reading the content of it.

There were documents and contracts in it and some mentions of unfamiliar names and people of high rankings.

"What are these?"

He removed his spectacles as he began talking," You see Ayano.. You are the last surviving heir of the Takunori family. The Takunori has been the former symbol of the ninja pact for the longest time. We would love for you to return to where you belong. Back in the arms of the Takunori family."

"My whole life was spent with my mother in city. There were never such things...or of that family" I argued.

"This is all under the contract, page 34. You can see them for yourself."

I flipped to the page mentioned and carefully read them.

To date, Ayano Takunori shall be the chosen successor to the art of Ninjutsu--

"Ayano..Takunori?"

This can't be me.. My name is Ayano Tsubaki.

"That is you," he confirmed.

"What?"

"Yes. This contract was approved by your own mother, Lady Shiori."

I squinted my eyes, reading the lines of her statements.

The signature... It was no doubt that it was hers.

"But.. why?"

"To protect your real identity. She raised you in the city, in hopes to raise you like a normal child. The life as a Takunori was never really easy for her.. " he explained.

She went through all the trouble and thrash talking for me?  What is this about Takunori and all.

"Unfortunately, with how things are at the moment.. we have no choice to your hometown. The security are much tighter over there." The chief added.

"I-I can't.." I stuttered softly.

If she signed that contract, it must meant a lot for her to stay where I am.. I can't just move and abandon our house and my friends..

"Miss Ayano.. this is all under the command of your father," Mr Murei tried to reason me out.

"M-my Father? You're kidding, right?" My heart almost dropped.

"No..Your father is very much alive," Yatsuga sighed, as if predicting the disappointment on my face.

"...."

"He wants you to return to Ikeda soon... After all you're the heir of-"

"You're lying. There's no way he is alive and breathing.. My father is dead!" I hollered, mixed with shock, and distasteful feeling on my chest.