~ 14 ~

Second period was already ending. There was no sign of her.

"Do you think she's on her way?" I whispered.

"Hm..maybe she's not coming."

Just then, I saw a figure rushing to her seat.

"Asami!"

"Ohayo, Ayano," she yawned.

"I thought you weren't coming," Kiyoka added.

"I actually planned to skip school today. I'm so exhausted. I woke up late, too."

"Are you feeling better?"

She smiled.

Later,

"Guuuys~ I brought the costumes for you to try out!" Kiyoka beamed.

"Costumes? I don't see any-"

She took out a pair of skirts along with matching blouses and laid out some glittery clips and contact lens neatly on the tables.

How the hell did everything fit inside her bag?!

Asami stared.

"Y-You're not..serious, are you?" I stuttered.

"Yes I am." She fixed her glasses.

"All of this for that day..? Are we going for trick and treats?" Asami laughed anxiously.

"You can consider it as so. However instead of getting candies, we give them away. Yay! Why didn't I think of it. We will give free candies and flyers and bait them to our booth." She scribbled down notes.

"Kiyoka! I'm not wearing this..! You said it yourself that we shouldn't overdress!" I slammed my hand on the table in objection.

Can we get a lawyer in this crucial moment?!

"I don't see why you both are complaining.. They are the perfect pair of costumes. I saw them in a manga." Her eyes sparkled.

"*** was a great manga. I recommend it!"

"Isn't that a yuri manga..? Also, I agree with Ayano. This is the real world. People are going to laugh at us!" Asami exclaimed,"I knew I should have picked that warrior costume!"

"I would be pleased to wear our school uniforms.. it's already a pain to have to give out flyers." I uttered.

She bonked my head.

Ouch?!

"Stop being so negative! Both of you should appreciate that I took the initiative to come out with this. Now shoo." She gave us a pair of blouses, the gloves and shoes and ushered us to change.

"Wait. But what if we are the only ones to wear them?!" I panicked.

"The chances are low.  Everyone has to work hard to get funds."

"Ayano-chan. Are you going to wear that? That looks adooorable!" Amagi commented.

I hid the blouse behind me, giving a little smile.

"Thanks.. W-what are you going to wear for Fund Fest?"

"Our concept are to open a maid café in the art room. So you can expect cute maids serving you cakes when you arrive~" She smiled.

"Ahh.. I think it'll be a success!"

"Mhmm! They say food brings happiness for all and of course those happiness brings money! heheh~ Do drop by," she winked.

"I will."

"She's out of her mind. " Asami jabbed the blouse roughly.

Both of us quickly changed and checked ourselves in the mirror.