~ 16 ~

I stared on the phone number on the screen.

"I've added my number into your phone. Please do not hesitate to call me if you are in trouble." He said.

His dark purple hair swifted across his face to the direction of the wind. I had to lift my head up to get a closer look at his face.

He had a boyish face with a height of a bastketballer, slightly taller than anyone I have ever met. His purplish eyes reflected back at me like a mirror. The old scar visible on his left cheek made him seemed like it was his best feature about him.

  I could have sworn he was the senior of our school before.

"I'm Yatsuga Zen, your personal bodyguard from now on." He bowed.

"P-personal bodyguard...? I don't remember hiring one. And I certainly do not need one."

He began to speak, clarifying some of my doubts. None of it made sense to me.

"That is all I can tell you at the moment. You have to trust me, Tsubaki. I will protect you with my life."

"Are you sure you aren't mixing things up?" I asked again.

It feels like I'm dreaming..

"I can assure you that I have the right person," he took out a file from a document and held a picture in front of me.

That's....!

"Ayano! what are you spacing out for?" Asami's voice brought me back to reality.

"I saw you staring into spaces during class too. Are you okay?" Kiyoka added, stuffing her face with a buttered bread.

"Yes. Please eat your food."

"Alright."

Kazehaya was staring at me silently.

Later,

Kiyoka slammed her hand on my table as I packed my bag

"Kiyoka..?"

"Ayano. I figured it out." She pulled her chair and sat next to me.

The class was empty beside us three.

"You are worried that you won't do well for finals," she stated confidently, "There is no need to be suffering in silence. "

She winked and did a finger gun at my face.

"Asami and I have decided that the three of us will stay after school to study!"

"Today?"

"Yeah. Did you have any plans?" She frowned.

"No." I hesitated for a moment.

Do I have to report to him? Nah..

The three of us, flipped open our books and began to revise for finals.

I wasn't really worried about it. I have been doing well for my grades. My mind was filled with the new informations that I discovered few nights ago.

Bzzzzt.

Bzzzt.

I took out my phone from my bag, reading the incoming messages.

'Where are you? I'm outside your school.'

'I'm staying back to study with my friends.'

Sent.

'Which level? '