~ 4 ~

His words echoed in my ear.

"I don't mind if you don't like me that way, as long as we continue to talk to each other and get some time alone like this," he looked away, "But I do hope I can make you mine one day.."

I grabbed my phone on the table, typing to Asami.

Asami. Kazehaya confessed to me today.

I reread my sentence debating if I should click 'send'.

In the end, I cancelled the text and went back to bed.

Maybe later.

I closed my eyes.

Few days later,

I was informed that Asami was not coming to school.

The three of us had paired up for the project. We had been chosen to set up a booth the following weeks to come and it had to be decided, latest on the Friday. Our school wanted seniors to fund for the school's 11th anniversary since the opening.

"We don't have much time left.." I mumbled, staring at my paper.

"How about we take pictures of people and edited it, and make them pay for it?" Kiyoka fixed her glass as she spoke.

"That'll be a lot of work. Think of something smaller," I chewed on my pen, thinking.

"What about making coloured origami flowers and selling it to the parents?" I raised my eyebrows at Kiyoka.

"Do you know how to make them? Moreover,we will have to create more origamis to attract people to our booth."

"Huh, seems tedious. Do you know anything simpler and creative?"

"Well.. we could sell bookmarks to the kids coming to our school. It's not so hard. We will just need to make them into animal shapes bookmark and add some positive messages to them," she concluded.

"Hmmm maybe! Or.. we can sell you to the customers," I giggled, "Trust me, no can will say no and we will be rich in no time." I let out a chuckle.

...

"I'll let you hold me for a minute if you donate some coins to our booth~!" Kiyoka flipped her silky hair at the crowd.

'THE ULTIMATE HIGHSCHOOL CHARM' was the banner of our booth.

The crowd roared in excitement.

"I'll give you my piggy bank, Kiyoka-senpai!!" A junior yelled from behind, holding up a stuffed piggy-bank.

"That's right! You also get a kiss from her, each time you pay 10,000 yen," I added, counting the money, "it's a limited offer."

"Teehee! I'll let you slip into my skirt too if you-"

Smack!

"Earth to Ayano!" Kiyoka snapped me back into reality.

I rubbed my shoulder.

"So, about selling you.." I looked at her with hopeful eyes.

She pulled my cheek.

"Ow ow!" I pouted," Fine, I guess..your previous idea is great."

"Yes! Let's submit our report before someone else decide it."

I gave her the 'okay' gesture and collected our brainstorming papers to hand up to our homeroom teacher, Ms Kirino.

She studied our papers before calling Kiyoka in front with me.

"What do you think of our idea, Sensei?" Kiyoka asked.

"It's a great plan, but have you consider on the roles that you'll take?"

"All of us are in charge in bringing the customers over," I replied, not quite understanding her.

"That wouldn't work, Ayano-chan. The public is coming, so there will be a lot of booths around which you may have to compete with," she explained.

Both of us looked at one another.

"For instance, one of you can be in charge of taking care of the booth, while the rest of you can hand out flyers and invite them over to your booth," she proposed.

"I understand now. I shall write that down," I took back our papers and walked back to my seat.

"I'll handle the customers and you both can hand out the flyers."

"Ehhh!? I'm not good at attracting customers..I just might leave us with no money at the end," I scratched my cheek nervously.

"Now that you've mentioned about that. I will bring costumes for you to wear during Fund Fest. Leave it to Kiyoka!" She winked.

I know she is good at sewing but..

"What makes you think that will improve the situation" I sighed.

" It's been decided. Asami and you will dress up as a cute animal for our booth," she smiled cutely before taking our reports back to the teacher after writing out the roles.

I slammed my head on the table.

Ganbatte Ayano..