Chapter 19: La Di Da Di...

Beyoncé sat at brunch with Solange, Kelly, Michelle, Angie, and Ms. Tina. It's been a few weeks since they went to the movies with the kids.

"Where are the girls?" Solange asked.

"Their father's house." Beyoncé said.

"The both of them?" Angie asked.

"Yeah, I mean Alexis goes over there more than Mya but Mya is slowly progressing." She said. "She mostly goes over there to hang with Teyana and see her grandma though."

"That's good." Michelle said. "I remember when Mya wanted him dead."

"Yeah, she's come a long way." Beyoncé said.

"How are you and Shawn?" Kelly asked.

"We're good." Beyoncé said smiling.

"Have Shawn and Rashad met?" Ms. Tina asked.

"Kind of but they'll both be at Alexis's party next week." She said.

"How is that gonna go?" Michelle asked.

Beyoncé shrugged.

"I don't know. They've met briefly but Shawn and I were not dating then." She said. "I'll make sure their on their best behavior."

"Best behavior?" Solange asked laughing.

"Yeah, no one will ruin this party I've planned. She wasn't even suppose to have a party."

"But that's your baby and she has you wrapped around her finger." Angie said laughing.

"No she does not." Beyoncé said.

"How much the party cost?"

"That is not your concern and I only paid half." Beyoncé said and they all laughed.

"Where is the party at again?" Ms. Tina asked.

"Some bowling and skating place Rashad rented out." She said. "I'll make sure I text y'all the address."

"Is it a theme?" Michelle asked.

"Just wear dark clothing. It'll be pretty regular." She said shrugging.

"I feel your lying." Angie said.

"What?"

"Yeah, when you plan these parties they are anything but regular and now that Rashad's involved too I know it's gonna be over the top." Solange said laughing.

Beyoncé shrugged.

"He wanted to throw a big party for her since he's been away."

"I'm not even gonna try to imagine Mya's fifteenth." Kelly said.

"No, she's gonna have to chose if she wants a big fifteenth or sixteenth. I'm not doing both."

The girls laughed and Beyoncé found nothing funny.

"Bey, daddy is here now." Michelle said. "Mya is gonna get both."

Beyoncé just shook her head knowing it was true.

Ms. Tina ate while they talked. She wanted to know how Rashad was paying for this birthday party not to mention the check her daughter told her about. There is no way Rashad just got out of prison and has so much money. Something wasn't clicking for her. She decided to ask her daughter privately about it.

***
"Daddy!" Chase yelled walking into the den area.

Shawn was playing his game and looked over.

"Hey lil man, you finish your nap?" He asked.

Chase nodded and got on the couch.

"Where's Bey Bey?" He asked.