Chapter 13: On The Rocks

Beyoncé sat at work doing her job. Being an accountant was boring sometimes but it paid well and her taxes were always done and in on time.

"Bey." She heard.

Kelly had rolled over into her cubicle.

"What?" Beyoncé asked.

"You and Shawn going out tonight?" She asked.

Beyoncé turned to look at her.

"Who told you that?" She asked.

"A birdie, but anyway what y'all gonna do?"

Beyoncé rolled her eyes and went back to her computer.

"We're only hanging out and we're going to the game." She said.

"Issa a date."

She turned to her.

"It's not, it's two friends hanging out getting to know each other." She said.

"Yeah, okay. Well how has this getting to know each other thing going?" Kelly asked.

"Going well." She said.

"Do you see this going somewhere?" Kelly asked.

"Possibly, I'm just going with the flow right now." She said. "Rashad been bugging me about the girls. I have to meet him at lunch to talk."

"You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah, we're just talking and it's gonna be a Panera. Honestly, he sounds different when he's talking to me and really wants to be in the girls life." She said.

"What about your life?"

"Oh, I shut that shit down quick. He knows we will never be anything together but parents and I meant that."

Kelly nodded.

"Okay, but if you're out and need something or he gets out of line call me."

Beyoncé laughed but she knew Kelly would drop anything if she needed her.

***

"I think Kelly should've went with you or something." Shawn said over the phone.

Beyoncé was sitting in Panera Bread waiting for Rashad. She was there a bit early so she could eat.

"I'll be fine Shawn. He's not gonna do anything stupid." She said.

"Yeah, okay. If anything happens call me."

"I will, I'll be fine." She said. "How's my buddy doing?"

"He's at school right now." He said. "His mother thinks he has a crush on you. He talks about you all the time."

"Oh, I'm not over stepping am I-"

"No, no, not like that Bey." He said. "Christina is real cool. Don't worry about all that. I don't have any baby mama drama."

"Okay, I didn't want to do anything that may cause drama." She said.

"Oh, don't worry about all that." He said. "My son probably does have a crush on you though."

"Hmm, just like his daddy." Beyoncé said just to mess with him.

"Ain't no crush over here." Shawn said. "I like you but you knew that already."

Beyoncé began to blush.

"You blushing ain't you?" He asked laughing.

"Shut up." She said laughing on the phone.