Forever

Deanna POV-

"If these are our engagement rings baby, our wedding rings gotta be even more lit." I blushed as I looked down at my hand intertwined with my Thin Mints.

He had took the engagement ring I bought back, and instead settled on a simpler more thoughtful ring set for both of us.

He said it didn't feel right that I proposed and that he already intended to upon my graduation, he bought the ring and everything, but me being impatient I couldn't wait.

Only God and Aug knew the pain I went through these past years trying to get my life together. And only one person was there to help me rebuild. Only one person held me at night, when I cried tears of guilt because of what I allowed my dad to make me do.

Only one person prayed with me, when I felt I couldn't go on. Only one person provided me with a place to stay, when I left my father's house and he said if you leave, don't come back here.

Nobody, not one person was there for me, besides August. Brandon was there for a while, but he said if me and Kenya couldn't get it together, he didn't want anything to do with either of us.

I didn't feel like reconnecting with somebody who not once reached out to me, so I said forget it and left Brandon alone.

August has seen me at my lowest and stuck by me, when he didn't have too. So he deserves to be with me at my highest.

So why would I not ask the man who has been more faithful to me than my entire family, to be in my life forever? Because of some shit rules made by men, to keep women at their mercy? It's the reason women wait around 8 years for a ring, don't get one, and then when he breaks up with you, marries the next. Fuck society's rules.

Should you ask bum do nothing niggas to marry you, absolutely not, but if someone has changed you from the inside out, why wouldn't you ask them
To be in your life forever? Who told you that was the right way? Who told you, you are less than a woman for being loyal to a man that was loyal to you? You can't even answer because you don't know. You accepted  some bullshit unwritten rule men made, to keep you dragging along like some lovesick puppy, to obey them like the good puppy you are. FOH.

The moment I left my daddy's house I became my own woman, and didn't give a damn who didn't agree with how I operated. I don't live by rules other people made up for me, I make my own.

It's the reason I'm graduating top of my class. The reason I'm going to one of the top medical schools in the country. And the reason I'm going to be one of the best ER surgerons this world has known. Dr. Deanna Alyce Harris, soon to be Alsina, remember the name.

That timid shy Deanna, that cried at the drop of the that, ran behind others seeking validation, died with my baby.

I have lives to saves, I could careless what people who didn't give too shits about me in my darkest hour have to say about how I operate.

Sorry. I go off on these mental tangents sometime. I have to remind myself to always boss up.

But back to this joyous occasion. He asked and I said yes. So this would be our re-engagment?

 So this would be our re-engagment?

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.