The Talk

Deanna POV-

I woke up this morning with a hold on my account. Meaning my account was locked and I couldn't do anything. They said, I couldn't start classes until I got a mandatory physical examination.

And guess what? Luck or rather bad luck was on my side because Weirdo aka Dr. Jennings walked through the door as my doctor.

 Jennings walked through the door as my doctor

"If it ain't miss confused." He said coming in with my chart and sitting on the round doctor's stool.

"Oh my God." I mumbled.

"You want a different doc, you say?" He said writing something down in my chart. Then standing and putting on plastic gloves.

"I would."

"Well guess what? I'm the best doctor in this joint, they assigned me to you and I'mma take good care of you. Say Ahh..." i did and he put the thing that measured my temp under my tongue.

"Allergic to anything?" He said sitting back down and looking over my chart.

"No."

"Any past medical problems?"

"No."

"When was your last menstrual?"

I sighed. I felt so uncomfortable telling him this. "August 1."

"You smoke?"

"No."

"Drink?"

"No."

"Sexually active?"

Did he really need to know all this? 🙄

"No."

"Well if you ever do, please don't be afraid to come to me so we can go over birth control options. Since, I'm your primary care provider, I want to make sure you're safe first off, and then that we prevent any pregnancies second, at least till you get unconfused and get that degree." He took the thermometer out.
"I don't judge. And your temp is normal." He wrote it down.

"Take off your shoes and stand on the scale for me." He pointed to the scale.

I got up took off my shoes and stood on the scale. He took down my weight, then listened to my heartbeat.

He wrote it down.

"Just so you know I have a boyfriend." I wanted to make clear to him, in case he was thinking anything.

He laughed. "And why did you feel the need to tell me that?"

"Because you were flirting with me at the bookstore."