As I gaze outside (again), I let my thoughts guide me to nowhere. What a huge nuisance, huh? This will be the very death of me. I yawn. Maybe I'll pass this paper unanswered. Do I have a choice? I can speak and read Japanese, yes, but I only know the basics. These words are way hifalutin for me. And this is Japanese literature. I do not know much of this.

"Yukizome-san."

I hear someone calls me. I eyed the person on my side. It's Tadashi. I immediately give him a grin, "Yeah?"

Tadashi grins back, then seated on the chair in my front that was vacant a while ago. "Do you need a help?"

"Ahh . . . few minutes ago, yes. But now, I don't need it." I state boringly.

"That's kinda rude. Haha," he chuckles. "I'm offering you a help, though."

Wahh . . . Tadashi is too pure.

"Oh. I'm sorry. That's not what I mean. I mean no harm." I apologize, shaking my head twice.

"Yeah. I know that."

"So then, what help can you give me, Tadashi?" I reply. "And by the way, can I call you on your first name?"

"It's all right. Calling someone on the given name is a custom in America, isn't it?"

"That's right~" I respond with a tune. "Going back. You will help me?"

"Yes. It's obvious you're in a trouble."

"Well, yeah."

"You can copy mine, Yukizome-san." Tadashi offers and shows me his answers.

I purse my lips and avert my eyes somewhere. "You can't do that. And besides, I won't accept your help and copy your works."

"Why not?"

"Haha. I may be subjected to infringement."

He chuckles also, "That's a good humor. You sure that won't copy my answers?"

"You're a pushy one, huh? And yes, I won't."

"That's the only help I can give you, though. And I'm just testing if you will accept it, but seems like you have the sense of fair treatment."

"Eh . . . That's harsh!" I tell him incredulously. "Did you think that I'm that kind of person?"

"I'm sorry." he says sheepishly. "I misjudged you."

"You sneaky." I huff.

"Well, I can lend you my notes, if you want."

"Really? That's a big help," I smile.

"Okay. I'll just get it." Then he stands up, walking back to his desk. He picks his notes and goes back to my location. Tadashi hands me the notes and I mutter a thanks.

I hurriedly scan it. And I'm surprised that his notes are neat and detailed. Amazing. He must be really smart.

"If you don't understand something, you can ask me."

"Sure." I answer back, eyes on the notebook while reading it page-by-page.

Minutes later when I started to understand some parts. But mostly, I can't understand them all. What I only know is the defeat of Japan in World War II. But the rest, like Nara Literature, Kamakura-Muromachi Literature, Edo something, and whatnot are beyond my knowledge. And the good thing is, Tadashi is educating me and he's a great help. All thanks to him, by the way.

He's such a good and kind-hearted person. A total life-saver~ Opposite to the guy behind me. Tch. All the time, he's on premenstrual syndrome mode. That's wrong. Kei is a guy. Ah, maybe he is always constipated.