3 0 : h e l p · a n d · h a n d s o m e

Amber: 

I opened my eyes, feeling serene for once in a long time. Everything was silent at last. he whispers had abated and I hadn't slept this good for a long time. 

Then, I turned my head and was met with one of a stranger. Then, I realized that I was wearing nothing. Immediately, I spotted my discarded clothing a heap on the side of the bed. Shit. 

My face paled and I prayed, prayed to whatever being up there that I wasn't pregnant, because if I were... 

I threw on my clothing hastily and grabbed my satchel, pausing only to make sure that the mirror dust was still there. As I shut the door gently behind me, the stranger had just began to stir. 

I must've been in the inn across from the tavern. Now, I had to locate Auora. And that left me no choice, but to use my dark magic. Inhaling, I savored the absence of the toxic whispers, I really didn't have the time to hunt Auora down personally. 

Then, like I had brushed apart a curtain, the whispers came back, stronger than ever. Their influence hit me so strong that I nearly fell over, and braced myself with a hand on the hallway wall. 

As soon as the whispers sought out my goal, they practically played me like a puppet, casting a tracking spell for me. As an orb of darkness flew out from my palms, spinning in the air, and darted toward a random direction, leaving me to chase after it, I felt the weigh on my chest get heavier and sensed that another chunk of my hair turn white. 

I shoved that thought out of my head and followed the orb until I reached an oak door. Then the orb vanished, so, I knocked. 

There were soft footsteps and then the door swung open. Auora stared back at me, "Oh you're back. What about that hottie you left with last night?" The whispers recoiled, like she wield the magic to destroy the whispers, and retreated into a dark corner.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "We're leaving now. The princess gave me a long look before holding the door out for me. She tied up her light blonde hair in a tight bun and draped a plain colored shawl over her head. "How do I look?" She asked me, her dark brown eyes sliding to mine. I stared at her, and said quietly, "Fine."

But Auora was more than a measly "fine". She was stunning, and despite our grim situation, Auora's face shone with an innocence I envied. "Let's go," she said softly, picking up her satchel and swinging it over her shoulder.

I nodded, pulling up my hair in a loose bun, sticking a chopstick that could turn into a dagger in my hair to keep it up. "Auora," I began, "no offense, Princess, but you can't possibly expect us to walk by foot all the way from Acacia to Vona." 

Auora smiled mischievously, "That's why we're riding two palace bred horses to Vona. Does it look like I want to tread through mud on foot?" I smiled back, and nodded. We exited the inn, and I flipped a golden coin at the manager behind the desk. 

True to Auora's word, two black mares were waiting for us, whose harnesses was wielded by an impatient stable boy. He handed the harnesses to Auora, "Here you go, Highness," he muttered, and dashed off, and was soon lost in the crowd. Auora got on the horse, making a face, "These are the times where I wished we could ride carriages." 

I laughed and was about to jump my mare when I heard an urgent "Wait!" I spun around and saw the man I had woken up with running towards us. From behind, I heard a soft laugh and Auora murmuring, "Hot damn, so that's who you went with." I let out a loud exasperated sigh as the man reached us at last. 

"What?" I demanded flatly, impatient. The man pursed his lips, "Can we talk?" I looked at Auora who nodded eagerly and gestured for the harness. Shooting her a flat look, I handed her the harness and walked a few yards away, in the shade of a tree, and motioned for him to speak. 

Without a prelude, he blurted out, "I know you practiced dark magic from the moment you stepped into the tavern." I blinked flatly, "I don't know what you're talking about." 

He snorted, "Bullshit. Your breathing patterns changed after you said that." Interestingly enough, the whispers had gone from a gentle throbbing to completely quiet. 

Shrugging, I replied smoothly, "I really don't see the point of this conversation..." I waited for his name.

"Sebastian, but you can call me Bast," The man purred, a lazy smile stretching across his face.  

"-Sebastian, so if you would please leave me alone. Please?" 

Sebastian sighed, "Please..." He waited, and I debated internally, before saying softly, "Amberly," and he nodded, "-Am, I know the toxic effects of dark magic. Let me help you, I can help you withdraw-" 

I let out a low chuckle, "Firstly, call me 'Am' ever again and I will castrate you. Secondly, thanks for the offer, but I don't need your help." 

Sebastian narrowed his eyes, "You crave the power- no, you need it. You need it for something." I glared at Sebastian, "Stop reading me. And leave me alone. What's the matter with you?" 

The handsome bastard huffed, "I'm just trying to help you, Am, you just need to let go of the ma-"

I raised my voice, "Leave me alone, Sebastian." I made to walk away but he caught my wrist gently, "If you need to find me, you'll know exactly where I am."

"What?"

Suddenly, Sebastian's features began to shift, and when everything settled, I saw the real face for the first time. It wasn't that he was hard on the eyes- no, in fact, he was actually quite handsome. His eyes, split between blue and brown, were alluring, and he was fit, but lean.  

"You're the High Prince of the Spring Realm," I managed to gasp, my eyes widening. Sebastian only winked and leaned in to whisper, "Take care of my sister, will you?" 

Then, he released my wrist to vanished into the crowd of people. 

I walked back in a haze, almost stumbling to my mare. Auora handed me the harness as I got on my mare, "So, what did he say?" 

I just shook my head and urged my mare forward to a trot on the carriage lane.