My Fighter

Prologue

Complicated. That's what my parents called there crumbling relationship. What was once my dream, of a love like there's, was now turning into a nightmare. A few months ago I could of honestly said what my parents had was what I wanted for myself. So much love and adoration for one another....but I suppose life gets in the way sometimes. As I'm sitting in my room listening to the screaming all I can think is, I don't think it's healthy my mother telling my father she fantasises about smothering him with a pillow, but at least she doesn't bottle it all up I suppose.

I've been sitting up in my room for the last hour listening to my parents scream at each other. I couldn't listen to it anymore. It's soul crushing. That does it! I'm hauling ass downstairs to confront them! I practically flew off my bed and marched down the stairs towards the living room. Viva la loca let's do this baby. Gotta pep talk myself into the ass whopping I'm most likely gonna get for interrupting. 

"Hey that's enough!" I shouted startling the folks. Both my parents eyes darted towards me and I cowered into myself, losing some of my confidence. Oh boy.

My parents stood in shock staring at me, mouths hanging open most likely wondering when the hell I was doing. Probably wondering when I had lost my mind. 

"Alice go to your room. I'm just gonna pretend you didn't yell at us, like it never happened and  my one and only child hasn't lost her damn mind." HA I knew they would think I'd lost my mind. Well there about to send me to the looney bin. 

"Well what do you expect me to do? Sit here and watch your marriage fall apart? All you do is argue and I know you love each other. If your not happy you need to do something about it. These last months have been hell, stuck between a rock and a hard place, please i-if your not happy maybe you should separate." I looked back and forth between the two of them and saw guilty expressions on two worn out faces. 

"Oh honey please don't cry." My mother rushed to my side to as I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. 

"Sweetheart If me and your mother ever separated it would be because she left me."My dad looked at my mother with adoration, the anger melting away from his face. She blushed back coly, her anger forgotten as well. 

His face changed and he looked down sighing deeply.

"The truth is we've been having some money troubles lately, we're both pulling together as much as we can but money is tight and with it being your senior year you'll soon be off to college...."

"You could use some money from my college fund?" I suggested, pulling back to meet my moms eyes. 

"We would never ever touch your college fund baby, but some changes are going to have to be made in order for us to get out of the financial mess we've landed ourselves in." My mom would not look me in the eye which was very troubling. What didn't she wanna tell me?

"A family member has offered there help..." My dad trailed off and he wouldn't look me in the eyes either. And then it clicked. There's only one family member with the money to help us.

"Your grandmother is coming to stay for a few weeks." 

I think time stopped for a moment. And I'm defiantly having heart palpitations. And going into shock.

"Why do you hate me? If you loved me you would let me live in a box instead of put up with that devil woman."

The wicked witch is coming to stay. My grandmother.

_______________________________________________

Please read, please comment and please like it!:)

much love littlepeoplerulexxx