Chapter 22

Alice P.O.V

I froze in my spot and closed my eyes hoping it was all just a bad dream and I was gonna wake up soon.

But nope!

The second I opened my eyes my Grandma was still standing at the entrance of my kitchen glaring at Scar. Oh no....

"What on earth are you doing Alice?" My Grandma screeched loudly. I had to resist the urge to cover my ears.

"Erm, hi Grandma! I was just sitting with my...um....my...um-"

"Close friend." Scar cut in, sending me a cheeky wink. I scolded at him and he had to conceal his laugh by pretending to cough. 

Stupid man.

"Yes! My close friend! His name is....Andrew! Just moved in to town!" I lied. I looked at Scar, feeling guilty about his fake name. But he just looked amused. Phew!

"Really? He looks like a thug! Make him leave now Alice!" My Grandma looked at me expectantly and pointed towards the door. I bit my lip and looked towards Scar for help. He still looked amused.

"I guess that's my cue to leave. See you later Alice. Remember everything we talked about." Then with one last wink in my direction, he left the kitchen. I heard the front door bang a couple of seconds later.

"How rude! Doesn't even say good bye to me!" I looked at my Grandma with a less then pleasant expression.

"You practically kicked him out of the house! What did you expect? How come you were so rude to Sca- Andrew? You were nice to Tyler!" I got up from the table giving my Grandma an accusing and angry stare.

"Tyler was a nice, polite and handsome young man! Perfect match for you! That boy looks like a younger version of your father! I will not have you repeating the same mistake your mother made!" After finishing her rant she turned to glare at me.

"Mark my words young lady, I will not have you ruining your life like your mother did. I think Tyler is the best match for you, so i've decided to invite him over for dinner with his family." My mouth dropped open in shock and I became quite faint.

"You can't do that! I don't want him here and you can't just invite people over to other's houses!" I tried to stop myself from yelling, but it was getting very difficult.

"You'll see it's for the best when your living in a life of luxury! Then you'll thank me." After giving me a smug look she turned her back on me and walked out of the kitchen and up to the guest room. 

I thought she was supposed to be leaving! She's just making my life harder!

After the drama in the kitchen I sat in my room and waited for my mom and dad to get in. When I heard a knock at the front door I thought maybe my mom had left her keys here again. Running down the stairs I was shocked when I opened it to two cops.

"Is something wrong?" I asked politely. I always get so nervous around the police.

"Does Mary Redford live here?" The smaller officer asked. What did they want with my mom?

"She's my mother, why?" I asked nervously. The two cops glanced at each other and gave me pitiful looks.

"I'm afraid your mother has been attacked." 

And just like that the world stopped spinning.

"Attacked?" I repeated suddenly getting dizzy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------