Chapter 9

Masky's pov

It was nearly sundown. Hoodie and I were scouring the woods on Slender's orders. Apparently, Jeff and Jack ran into that girl, Naomi.

I still can't quite wrap my head around it all. This random girl that Jeff had killed is suddenly back from the dead along with her pets and now she seeks revenge. To top it all off, she has the ability to heal from any wound inflicted on her.

How is all of this possible? Jack had mentioned a friend the girl spoke of, a friend who gave her life. It's not much to go on, but Slender definitely suspects a being of great power lurking somewhere in his forests.

"Hey, Masky, is that smoke?"

I glanced over at Hoodie. He pointed out in the distance. I followed his gaze to see smoke rising up from the trees. Something's going on.

"Let's go, Hoodie," I said, heading in the direction of the plumes of smoke.

Naomi's pov

I stared down at the burning logs in front of me. I sat before the small fire, listening to the wood crackle and burn. Thick, grey smoke rose up from it past the treetops and into the sky.

I waited patiently, positive that Selene's idea would work. I know for a fact that Jeff will be looking for me now. It's only a matter of time.

After my fire began to die down, I caught a glimpse of color. I looked up, seeing two figures in brightly-colored hoodies approaching. One wore a white mask with black features, the other had a hood over his head and wore a black mask with red eyes and a frown.

I slowly rose to my feet, eyeing them both. "Who the hell are you two?"

"You must be Naomi, we've been hearing about you," the white-masked one said. "I'm Masky, that's Hoodie."

They've heard about me? Just how many friends does that Jeff guy have? I frowned and crossed my arms.

"You're not who I was expecting," I stated bluntly. "Go away. I have no fight with you."

"We can't do that," the one called Hoodie said.

"Our boss wants to meet you," Masky chimed in. "Along with your "friend" we've heard rumors of."

My eyes widened ever so slightly. I almost instantly drew my knife, pointing it at them menacingly.

"You're just a bunch of annoying pests!" I said in a loud, angry tone. "You should learn to leave things as they are and quit sticking your noses where they don't belong! Maybe I should teach you a lesson!"

I swiftly charged at them. I furiously slashed my knife at them. I caught Masky's stomach and Hoodie's arm. I laughed as I continued my barrage of attacks, noticing both of them now wielding small knives of their own.

Despite their wounds, they still moved about as if they weren't there. With Masky clashing with me head on, I barely noticed Hoodie moving behind me until I felt a searing pain in my back.

He had stabbed me. I let out a small scream of pain that quickly turned into laughter. I slowly glanced back at the hooded boy, grinning insanely.

He backed away from me as I reached around, taking hold of the knife's hilt. I yanked it out of my back, wincing slightly before smirking. I could feel my wound instantly healing up.

"He was right," Masky muttered with a gasp. "You can heal."

I turned around toward Hoodie, waving a finger back and forth. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, you should know that won't work on me."