going back

Isabel's pov

I was unpacking my stuff after hours of procrastinating when Kat walked in. She sat down on my bed and looked around my room.

"Hey this isn't bad. Honestly I wish I had this room," she said. I didn't want any room except my old one.

"I guess it's okay. But it'll never compare to my old room," I said opening my suitcase. I picked up Ethan's hoodie but there was no mixtape. I flip my suitcase over and pat the back to get everything out. When I flip it back over there's no mixtape."oh my goodness Kat! I left the mixtape at the old house!!"

"Are you sure or did you leave it in a box," she said looking inside some of the boxes on my bed.

"No I swear I put it in this suitcase with the hoodie. It must've fallen out without me noticing," I said putting my hands on my face. I laid down on the floor of my room and stared at the ceiling."I'm such a terrible person."

"Why would you say that," Kat asked. I guess what I said shocked her cause she stopped looking through the boxes." Your not a terrible person. And honestly he'll never know you lost it. He barely talks to us and he wouldn't go to our old house. Doesn't he live here in LA?"

"You aren't helping at all!! If he lives here what if I run into him? And he happens to ask about it?" I yelled. I sat up and leaned against the bed frame putting my hand on my forehead.

"I'm pretty sure that's really unlikely. And if he asks just say you still listen to it," she said looking through more boxes."I'm pretty sure it's here somewhere."

I feel my phone buzz and when I picked my phone up I got a message.
Ethan: hey izzie I know it's been a while. And I'm sorry it's been so long. Do you think we can talk?

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was I seeing correctly? I rubbed my eyes and the message was still there. I pinched myself and it wasn't a dream. I shut my phone off and turned it back on and nothing changed.

"Oh my goodness Kat!," I yelled throwing my phone on the bed at her. She picked it up and read the message. Her eyes went wide and she looked at me. She tried to talk but nothing came out. She was completely speechless.

"Well.. are you gonna talk to him?" She asked. I thought about it and I really don't know. What if he just wants to apologize? Maybe he just wants to be friends again. Or he regrets it.

"Should I," I ask my sister wanting her advise. This is something I really need her advice on.

"I think you should," she said."and if he doesn't bring me up or at least tell you to say hi. Then I'm gonna freak out on him." We both laughed.

Izzie: hey..  I'd love to talk. Maybe we can arrange something to meet in person?

"Okay it's sent," I said looking at my phone and putting it down on the bed."I'm hoping we can meet in person." 

"Let me see that," Kat yelled and grabbed my phone." Oh my goodness you really did it!"

My phone buzzed again with another text.
Ethan: okay I'm in new Jersey visiting maybe I can come over.
I stopped when I realized that he didn't know.

"Kat," I said looking up at her. She looked at me."he's in Jersey and we aren't."

"Oh. Well you need your mixtape anyways why not fly back down there," Kat suggested. I squinted my eyes at her in hate. Planes are the death of me.

"Planes Kat. Planes. I barely survived on the plane over here," I said. She put her hands on her hips. That's when I knew I would loose this conversation. Whenever Kat puts her hand on her hips it means she's not gonna stop until the argument is over and we are in Jersey." Don't you dare put your hands on your hips... ugh fine."

"Awesome," Kat says clapping her hands together in excitement."start packing." She ran out of the room and I could hear her door slamming shut. I put Ethan's jacket in the suitcase and kept the clothes that were already in there. I zipped up my suitcase and carried it down the stairs. At the bottom Kat was waiting for me.

"Hurry up before I change my mind," I said pulling my suitcase out to our parents car. I put my suitcase in the trunk and got in the front seat. That's one thing about me. I hate the back seat of the car. I get super car sick when looking out the windows, so whenever I can I avoid sitting in the back seat.

TIME SKIP

We told Ethan we would meet up with him later. I needed to go look for my mixtape. We went back to our old house and climbed through Kat's window. When I got in I ran into my room and looked everywhere. No mixtape.

"It's not here," I yelled putting my hand on my forehead. Kat came in and leaned against the door frame.

"It's probably in one of your boxes it's okay let's go I really don't wanna be in here to long. I'll start to miss it," she said walking back to her room. I followed and we climbed out the window."we should have Ethan meet us here."

"Why," I asked. I gave her a look saying 'are you crazy'."then they will figure out we moved."

"Their gonna find our eventually so why not now," Kat asked. She had a point sooner or later they would find out.
Izzie: hey come over.