While they were gone

"KAT!" I yelled trying to get us out the door."hurry up we don't have time for this. We have to leave in three minutes if we want to get you to the interview on time! You really need this job!"

Kat came down the stairs in a black dress and some black heels on. She curled her hair and did her makeup. She looked great and I knew she was gonna get the job.

"Is this to much?" She asked seeming worried. I shook my head no."alright well I'm ready." She grabbed her bag and walked out to the car.

"Remember the questions we went over to prepare you," I said while driving Kat to her interview."also remember..."

"I know blah blah questions blah blah answers blah blah smile," she said making a hand motion when we says blah." I'm gonna be fine Iz I got this."

"Good luck call me when I need to pick you up," I said waving goodbye. She got out and I drove back home. I had an interview a couple days ago and I'm still waiting for a call. I put some music on and started on some homework.

Suddenly my phone starts ringing. I grabbed it and looked at the number. It wasn't anyone in my contacts. I answered and a lady was on the other line.

Me: hello?
Lady: hello is this Isabel?
Me: yes
Lady: it's about the interview a couple days ago. We gave the position to a more experienced young lady.
Me: oh thank you for letting me know.
Lady: of course. Have a great day bye

I hung up and the music automatically started. I continued doing homework. My phone buzzed with a text from Kat wanting me to pick her up. I got my keys and walked out to the car and went to pick Kat up. Kat got into the car and I started driving home.

"Did you get a call yet," she asked looking over at me. Its like she read my mind and somehow knew that I got the call.  I switched lanes and looked back over at her. She looked a little sad and I wanted to know why.

" yeah. Are you okay? you look a little sad," I said turning the corner up the street we live on.

"What did they say?" she asked getting up in her seat when before she was slouching. our mother always said 'slouching isn't lady like'. I remember my grandmother would make us stand with a broom across our backs holding it up from behind to make us stand up straight.

" I... I didn't get the job. They gave it to someone with more experience. At least that's what the lady told me but I'm about one hundred percent sure she was just trying to be nice," I said pulling into the driveway. Kat was about to open the door but I stopped her."are you alright you looked a little sad earlier?"

"I'm fine but I have to show you something. Can we go inside first," she asked. I nodded and walked inside. We walked down the wooden stairs with the railing on the left side. When we got down the stairs we turned left down the long hallway with Kat's room at the end. We walked in and sat down.

Without saying a word Kat showed me the messages between her and Jessica. I've  hated Jessica for a long time now, but why would she text Kat?

Jessica: hey Kat I know you hate me now but I wanted you to see this video. You remember Ethan and Grayson right? Well I just wanted you to see how successful they have become and that's why you guys aren't friends anymore. They left you guys for fame.

When I read Ethan's name my heart sunk and I had this awful feeling in my stomach. I looked at Kat and she wiped tears off of her face. I grabbed her shoulder. She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm okay. I.. I just miss them you know," she whispered. Have you ever had that moment where you had to whisper stuff because if you don't then you'll cry? That's what's happening to Kat.

"Have you seen the video," I asked her clicking on the link. The video said 'taped to the wall prank' the cover was Ethan taped to a wall and Grayson's hand on his chest. They had about 2 million subscribers, which was a lot to a girl like me who only really talks to her twin sister.

"No should we?" She asked looking at the notification she got from Jessica. She clicked on it and my heart literally shattered while reading it.

Jessica: you would think they wouldn't just throw you away like that. I mean both a pair of twins you would think you guys would get along. Guess Ethan really didn't like Isabel😂😂

"Oh my god," Kat gasped. I felt a tear fall down my face. I wiped it away quickly so Kat wouldn't see it.

"I don't wanna watch it," I said getting up and starting to walk away." You can if you want to but I'm not." I walked into my room and laid down on my bed. I grabbed my headphones and plugged them into my phone. I put them in my ears. Music is a way for me to get away from whatever problems i'm facing. It's like getting sucked into a hole of emotions that aren't about what's happening on the outside of the hole.

Kat walks in and I get up. Taking the buds out of my ears she looks worried. She sat down on my bed and I saw a tear fall down her cheeks.

"Kat what's wrong," I said sitting up and hugging her. She cried into my shoulder without saying another word."Kat.."

"I just miss them," she said while still crying."they made a video about how they didn't have anyone but each other and everyone else made fun of them." She looked at me while wiping a couple of tears away.

"But.. we were here for them..," I said looking down."no matter how much people at school made fun of us we still stuck up for them." I got up and grabbed a box out of my closest. In the box were a ton of CD's. I grabbed a certain one out and played the music.

"Oh.. it's the mixtape Ethan made you for your birthday," Kat said."you haven't played that in forever."

I haven't listened to it because every time I do it reminds me of them leaving. The way they abandoned us and didn't have a problem doing it.