When they left

Me and Kat always have the same boring routine every day. Today it was a little different. Ethan and Grayson didn't show up to school today. So we had to sit at lunch by ourselves. We heard some people laughing and they kept looking back at us.

"What's so funny over there," I asked getting up to throw my empty tray away. Sophie came over to us and 'accidentally' dumped her lunch all over me."hey! What the hell!"

"Isn't she dumb," Jessica said while the others laughed." She's ugly to Ethan would never like her."

I grabbed Kat by the arm and started to walk away."They should be together they're both losers!" Someone yelled from far away. I walked into the bathroom and looked at my clothes.

"I'm gonna have to go home," I said grabbing my phone out of my pocket."Don't you wonder what everyone was laughing at?"

"While your at home I'll ask someone and let you know," Kat said wiping some of the food off my shirt."Why is everyone starting to treat us like this though?" She threw away the paper towels and looked in the mirror." Also why is everyone calling Ethan and Grayson a looser. I mean not everyone liked them but they were never this mean to any of us."

"I wish I had an answer for you. Maddie's gonna come to pick me up so I'll see you after school. I'm gonna go make sure Ethan and Gray are okay," I said. We both walked out of the bathroom and said goodbye. I walked into the office.

"Oh honey what happened," the secretary asked starting to get up off her chair.

"Just spilt a little food on me. My sisters gonna pick me up so I can go change no biggy," I said smiling at her. I sat down and waited.

Maddie walked in and checked me out. We walked back to the car from my hell of a highschool. She dropped me off at home and drove off. She doesn't live at home with our parents anymore, because she moved out last year when she turned eighteen. So now it's just me, my mom, Kat, and my dad who live at home.

Kat and I turned sixteen a couple months ago and for our birthday we got two plane tickets to Hawaii.

When I get inside my house, no one is home. I texted my mom saying 'Maddie checked me out. I got food dumped on me by accident. Came home to change.' She said that it's okay and I got into light blue high waisted jeans and my half hoodie. I got on my vans and texted Ethan.

Me: Where are you. You weren't here during English?
Ethan: I'm at home don't worry.
Me: I'm coming over.
Ethan: No! Don't leave school just because I wasn't there.
Me: I got checked out. I'll explain later.
Ethan: Oh okay then.

I walked outside and got my penny board from the side of the house. My penny board is pink with black wheels. I got on it and rode down the street. When I got there Ethan and Grayson were already outside.

"Let's walk to the park," Ethan said. I put my penny board on the side of their house and walked with them to the park.

"Why don't we just go inside and play ping pong or something," I asked. Ethan and Grayson looked at each other and back at me.

"My mom wanted us to go outside today," Grayson said. I nodded and sat down at a bench near the playground."Where's Kat?"

"She's at school. She didn't get lunch dumped on her," I said. They gave me a weird look and I didn't really wanna explain.

"Who did," Ethan asked. He put his hand on the bench in a fist. I look at them.

"Umm.. well.. just a random person it was on accident," I said playing with my hands. They could tell I was lying.

"Really Izzie.. tell us the whole story please," Grayson said wining. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine it was Jennifer and Sofia. They were calling me a loser and then Sofia dumped the rest of her lunch on me," I said looking down at my hands. I was so nervous I scratched the nail polish off my nail.

"Did they say why they were calling you a loser," Ethan asked. I looked at the park and saw a little girl sitting on the swing but not moving. Ethan coughed and I looked back at them.

"They said that I was a loser for liking.. umm.. for liking.. uh
.. well actually they never really said why," I said realizing in between that I almost said I liked Ethan."just be glad you weren't there to witness it. It got a little messy." Also because they told everyone I liked you. I actually don't even know how they even knew.

"Well okay but I don't believe you," Ethan said tilting his head to the right." I feel like they had a reason but your not telling us."

Kat came sooner or later saving me from the interrogation I was going through and I made sure I didn't leave her side for them to ask her any questions about today.

"So Kat what happened with Sofia today," Ethan asked. Kat thought for a second and let's just say she didn't hesitate to tell them.

"Well Sofia and Jennifer yelled at us and called us losers for Isabel liking.." I shook my head no and she stopped." For being friends with you guys and then Sofia dumped her lunch on Izzie and then they called her ugly and we left." Close, maybe just a little to close.

"You both said Isabel likes someone and stopped yourselves," Ethan said tilting his head a little to the right again.

"I'm sorry guys it's all our fault," Grayson said looking down at his feet. I could tell he felt bad.

"No guys it's really not your fault," I said. They didn't seem to believe it."it's because I like.. well one of you. They were making fun of me cause I won't get anywhere with it."

Ethan and Grayson's eyes went wide. I looked at Kat and she was smiling at me 'keep going' she mouthed.

"Who is it," Kat asked and I wanted to punch her. I gave her a glare.

"Well. Umm. Alright fine it's Ethan," I said looking straight at the floor.

"Awe man. I was hoping it was me. Whatever. Come on Kat we should leave them alone," Grayson said. Him and Kat left and walked towards the park.

"You really like me," Ethan asked. I couldn't get any words out so I just nodded."well your in luck cause I like you to." Now it was my turn for my eyes to go wide."but there's one problem. I can't date you."

"No I understand with us being best friends and all," I said getting up."well I gotta get home."

"Do you want me to walk you," he asked starting to get up.

"No I'm gonna go get my penny board and just ride home," I said walking off a lot faster then I normally do. I got home and laid down and took a nap.

The next day when I went to school I found out Ethan and Grayson had been taken out of school. I texted them and they said they were moving to LA. I was super upset, but soon forgave them. We talked for almost two weeks, but they got super distant and ended up not talking to us anymore. I feel like me and Kat were the reason why. Maybe it's because i told Ethan I liked him..