Chapter Sixteen: To Fight, for Pride

The Rogue’s Love

Chapter Sixteen: To Fight, for Pride

“You’re face is starting to heal,” Jesshika observed, digging through the mounds of clothes that were scattered about Itachi’s room. Most being her skimpy dresses. There was the occasional article of clothing that were not red, and lacy. But, those weren’t much more appropriate.

I traced a cut that ran from my temple, to chin. Hopefully, this didn’t leave a scar. “I guess. But, ever since this happened, Sasori’s been acting a bit…strange.” She looked up from her search, carefully folding a strange cloth. It didn’t even deserve to be called clothing, for if it were to be put on, it probably wouldn’t cover anything at all. 

"How?"

“I don’t know how to explain it. He’s suddenly…protective of me. It’s weird.”

“Can you blame him? She beat the shit out of you.” I shrugged, playing with a piece of silk I found, running my fingers over the smooth, lilac surface.

“He’s never acted this way, before.”

“is it really such a bad thing? Who knows, maybe he likes you.” I snorted, throwing the small material at her. “I wish…” She rolled her eyes, going back to her search. By the looks of thing, she’d never find what she was seeking for.

“Well, enough about me. Anything happen between you and Itachi, yet?” Jesshika’s smile was back. And, if I didn’t know any better, I'd say there was a slight tinge of pink playing on her cheeks. The pixie-like girl slowed down her hunt, yet again, looking as if she were lost in some strange fantasy that I probably wanted to know nothing of. It scared me to even think of what went on in that girl’s head.

“You could say that…” Her smile grew, making her look a bit deranged. Not that she was actually normal to begin with.

“Well…?”

“You sure you want to know?” She cocked an eyebrow, almost as if challenging me.

“As long as you keep it rated G.”

She let out a short laugh, “Don’t act like you’re so innocent.  I’m sure if you had your way, you’d never let Sasori leave the bedroom. Much less, the bed.”

“Ah, but, I don’t. I’m still a virgin.” I pointed out, somehow managing to sounds disappointed.

“Still?” She laughed, shaking her head in disbelief. “Even for you, that’s surprising.”

“Yeah, well, if I did have my way, I’m sure I wouldn’t be sitting here with the likes of you.”

She grunted, waving her hand about, “Whatever. Besides, we didn’t do anything that couldn’t have been featured on a children’s show.”

“Jess-chan, touching each other’s privates definitely couldn’t be shown on a kid’s show.”

“But--”

“Or, getting even remotely naked. All clothes have to stay intact.” I picked up a squared piece of cloth, the ridged edges showing that it had been ripped. “And, by the looks of things, that’s not what happened in this room.”

“Whore…” She pouted, throwing a shoe at me. I smiled, easily dodging the flying object. “I think you have us mixed up, dear.”

~                                ~                             ~

When the Akatsuki weren’t trying to be total bad asses, and take over the world, they enjoyed doing normal people stuff. Like, watching television, setting up stripper shows in the living room, having Battle Royals outside to the death. Sounds like reasonable adult fun, right?

“No, I won’t do it. You simply cannot make me!” I screeched, holding onto the door frame that Deidara was trying to pry me away from. They’re all insane. Completely and utterly, madly insane.

“C’mon!” he coaxed, “It’ll be fun. I promise.” He pulled at my ankles harder, refusing to give up. I was surprised that I hadn’t lost my grip, yet. A miracle, really. Deidara was stronger than I had originally made him out to be.

“How is dying going to be fun?! Why couldn’t I live with normal people?” I cried, readjusting my hands so that I wouldn’t slip. “That. Is. NOT. Normal!”

“Its not actually to the death. We can’t just go around killing each other. Look, we’re all still alive,” he boasted proudly, as if that would make me feel any better about the situation. If I didn’t think I were about to die, I would have hit him with a brick. Or, better yet, a brick wall.

“Yeah, well, all of you are insanely strong! I’m just Raikou! Raikou no that strong!”

“Deidara, what are you doing?” Sasori sighed, his dull voice coming from the right side of me. Thank the lord, my prayers have been answered!

“Sasori!” I yelled, leaping from the door frame, into his unsuspecting arms.  By the look on his face, I’m fairly certain he would have dropped me if he would have actually expected my attack. In his state of confusion, Sasori’s arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to him.

“It’s not what it looks like!” Deidara frantically shouted, his arms spazzing around, almost hitting Itachi. “Watch what you’re doing, Deidara.” The Uchiha glared, venom seeping into his voice. I shivered, glad it wasn’t me his wrath was brought upon. Scary man was scary. Seriously, how did Jesshika stand being with him all of the time?

Itachi looked at me and Sasori oddly, reminding the redhead that he still held me in his arms. Sasori let out a sound of disapproval, pushing me away, almost making me stagger into the corner of the door. Prick.

“Are you participating, Raikou?” Itachi asked, not seeming in the least bit interested, either way. There was no doubt in my mind that he would be fighting. Only adding to the many reasons why I shouldn’t.

“I--”

“No,” Sasori answered, as Deidara screamed, “Yes!”

“Raikou?” Itachi asked, again, completely ignoring the other two. I shook my head, smiling sarcastically, “I’m not exactly in the mood for dying, today. Thanks, anyways.”

He nodded, turning to walk away. “I guess Sasori was right about you, after all. You’re just a weak, scared little girl.” He called over his shoulder, provoking me. I felt my eye twitch, hatred starting to burn in the pits of my stomach.

“I di--”

“Come, again?” I growled, cutting the puppet master off mid-word. “What did you just say?” Sure, I was rather inferior to the Akatsuki when it came to any sort of strength. But, that didn’t make me weak. I may not be the best ninja, but I sure as hell wasn’t weak.

Itachi shrugged, turning back to face me. “Well, you’re no outstanding ninja. Anyone could see that just by looking at you. Konan’s reported your difficulty on killing mere children? Sasori didn’t exactly come to your defense, either.”

I scowled, roughly grabbing Deidara by his arm, “Let’s go.” I ordered, dragging him outside.

“Raikou, don’t you even think about it!” Sasori hissed, walking alongside me. I scoffed, pulling Deidara to a halt.

“From day one, you’ve deemed me nothing but weak. And, all of the time I’ve been here, I’ve done nothing to prove you wrong. So, here’s what I’m doing. Proving you wrong, Saso-sama.” I poked him rather hard in the chest, refusing to back down. But, it was kind of hard to be intimidating when I didn’t even reach his shoulder.

This just goes to show that if you hung around someone long enough, their crazy would start rubbing off on you.

“You could get hurt. They’re not going to go easy on you!” his voice dropped dangerously low, giving me the chills, “What if, they killed you?”

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. “I guess we will just have to hope it doesn’t come to that, won’t we?”

“Itachi,” Sasori snapped, turning his head to the evil genius.

“Yes?”

“It seems as if I’ll be joining the ‘fun’ this time around, too.” I frowned. It was for sure. I was definitely going to die, now.

“Let the games, begin,” I muttered miserably, stiffly walking outside to meet my doom.

!~*~*~*~*~*~*~*!

Oh, hai c: …I think I was supposed to announce something at the end of this chapter, but I have forgotten :$
Anywho, I think Wednesday I might go camping .____. If that happens, this story definitely won’t be finished before LEAP D:< dehiogfuifr. ß frustration. Anywho, comments, me lovies. C: ♥