Chapter Thirteen: Raikou, The Evil

The Rogue’s Love

Chapter Thirteen: Raikou, The Evil

“Soo…” I drawled out, feeling uncomfortable being around Konan. Alone. The rest of The Akatsuki I had grown accustomed to. But, her? She was still classified under ‘Scary Bitch’. “Where are we going?”

Konan continued walking, barely glancing to the side at me. She was just a few inches taller. But, to me, those few inches made all the difference. The blue-haired female made me feel like a child.

“It’s an assassination mission. Hidan, that stupid idiot, was spotted a few days back. So, that’s what we’re doing. Fixing his mistake.”

“Why do we have to?” I complained, crossing my arms over my chest. I was acting childish. But, at the moment, I didn’t care. I wanted to lounge around all day, watching TV. The one time I was getting a break from Deidara and Sasori, I had to go on a mission.

“He had other matters to attend to. Don’t ask questions, just do what you’re told.” I scoffed, wanting to turn around and jump into Sasori’s bed. Good memories were made there.

“Can I at least know what innocent soul we’ll have to kill?”

“Souls,” she said, emphasizing the plural form of the word.

I raised an eyebrow, “How many?”

“The nearby village,” she shrugged, as if killing them all wouldn’t bother her at all. Come to think of it, it probably wouldn’t. After all, isn’t that what the Akatsuki does? Kill? This should be something she does almost on a regular basis. Monday: Kill that elderly lady I saw shopping, today. She seemed suspicious. I might as well kill all of her immediate family, too. Just in case.

“Oh…that’s it?” I grumbled, hugging my arms around myself. This wouldn’t be the first time I’ve killed someone. But, innocents? A whole village of them? It made my stomach hurt just thinking about it. I went rogue, not heartless.

~                  ~                  ~

Like Konan said, I was an accessory, not a necessity. So, I barely had to help, at all. I really only had to kill a few  rambunctious men that got a little wild. Still, even if I made it as quick and painless as possible, I still felt bad. They were trying to protect their home, their families, their village…

I tried not to frown as I felt my kunai pierce through the last man’s chest, his widened eyes begging for mercy; for the life that could never be returned, for it was stolen by those of evil. And, that evil was me.

“Stop being such a girl about it,” Konan hissed, killing three more people. I got this sudden urge to bare my teeth at her, and to growl. Like an animal. But, I decided that if I did, I would probably be next on her hit list. “Go over to that house,” she ordered, pointing to a little hut a few feet off, “I think we might have missed some.” I nodded, grudgingly trailing off into the direction she pointed.

Seriously? Couldn’t have Pein chosen someone else to have gone with her? Or, at least let her come alone. They were a bunch of defenseless villagers, who couldn’t even have lasted fifteen minutes against her destruction. This was definitely one of those many experiences I could have lived without.

When I stepped into the cute little house, my eyes immediately raked the interior, looking for any danger. From a once over, it looked empty. But, I knew someone was hiding. Their whimpering was too loud for me to ‘not notice’. Konan wouldn’t take the excuse. Surely, she’d want a body.

I sighed, collapsing in a table chair. My head fell into my hands. I didn’t want to do this. This wasn’t me. I was one of the good guys.

“Do you think they feel bad?”

“Who?” I asked, looking down at my cute little brother. His wide eyes were filled with tears. Another shinobi was dead. Only this time, it was our mother.

“The bad guys. Do you think they even care?”

I ran my hands through my recently blood stained hair, the memory bringing up unwanted emotions of grief. The guilt just now starting to get to me. If my mom could only see me now, what would she say?

A sharp pain brought me out of my thoughts, surprising me. I looked down to see a kitchen knife sticking out of my side, a little girl trying to push it in further.

“Hey,” I snapped, “Stop that. It hurts.” Her hands automatically let go of the knife as she fell to the ground, her arms instinctively flying up to offer at least some protection. I huffed out, pulling the long serrated knife from my side. My lips pulled down at the side as I studied the blood on the steel object. She pushed it in further than I had thought.

“I-I’m sorry! I did- I…I’m scared!” She yelled, tears starting to pool in her big, brown eyes. Honestly, I felt like crying with her. I couldn’t kill her. I refused. She was too small. A child.

I squatted beside her, trying to calm her down. Unwillingly, I pulled her into my lap, brushing her hair out of her face. “Shhh, it’s okay. Everything will be okay.” I lied, wanting nothing more for those words to be true. If not for me, and the rest of her village, then for her. She was too young to die.

The girl’s small body tensed, and at first, I thought she was going to try and stab me, again. Thankfully, there wasn’t any sharp objects present. “Why are you doing this? Why are you killing everyone? I promise, we’re not bad. We’ll be good, I swear.”

I let out a sarcastic laugh. If only it were that easy. “There’s something you should know about the world, girl. Bad things happen to good people. And, good things to those who don’t deserve it. It’s not you’re fault your village is dying. It’s the evil. They want to destroy. To triumph. And, you’re only an obstacle in their way.”

“What should I do?” she asked, her lip trembling. I shook my head, my body starting to go numb.

“There’s nothing you can do. Not a goddamn thing.”

~                           ~                            ~

“Kill it, or I will.” Konan warned, her teeth bared. Sure, she can growl and bare her teeth at people. But, if I did, I’d be dead.

“I ̶̶ no. I ̶̶ you can’t.”
“And, why not?” she asked, arching an eyebrow. I chewed on my lip, desperately searching my mind for a good excuse. I looked down at the now sleeping child I held in my arms, her breathing deep and slow. She looked so cute and peaceful, her blonde hair glimmering in the sunlight.

“She’s my child!” I snapped my fingers, suddenly feeling clever. They couldn’t kill my creation, right? Konan snorted, barely holding back a laugh.

“Bitch, please. You’re a virgin.”

“You sure about that?” I challenged, suddenly feeling as if I had to protect this child. We killed all she ever knew. The least we could do was spare her life. I wanted to keep her. I’m sure Deidara would have fun with her. Maybe, with the new distraction, her would leave me alone. Meaning, I could be alone with Sasori. Jesus, this child was the answer to all of my problems.

“Everyone knows that,” she sighed, rubbing her temples. “Just kill her so we can leave. I giving you five minutes, or I swear to Kami, I’m killing you both.” She turned to walk away from the scene, letting me have a final goodbye.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered, kissing the child’s head. As always, I had given up. All was hopeless. A few tears escaped my eyes as I laid the child down, silently praying over her body. They’ll get what’s coming to them. They all will. With one final goodbye, I did what I promised myself to never do. At least, not to her. I had killed what I had sworn to protect.

!~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~!

This chapter was actually going to be a lot longer, but I decided to make the other half chapter fourteen c: So, I already have that one written, along with some of chapter fifteen. Aha, yeah. You love me. No, probably not, actually~ .-. Okay, so I was going to upload this, yesterday…buuuuuuuuut…I fell asleep as soon as I got home, and literally slept until seven xDD I actually wouldn’t have gotten up, then, if it weren’t for my detention .-. Okay, guys, you vote and comment your little hearts out, and I’ll upload tomorrow afternoon. Deal? (:

Happy Readings~!