Chapter Seven: Art's True Beauty

The Rogue’s Love

Chapter Seven: Art’s True Beauty

Instead of completely wasting my time, I decided to go outside for a bit. Just until the show…blew over. Sasori begrudgingly followed, claiming he had nothing better to do. Each snide remark sending me a little further over the edge.

“Could you shut up--for once?” I growled, unhappy with my latest circumstance. I guess it wasn’t really my place to worry about that…whore. But, I couldn’t help it. Her well being concerned me.

Sasori rolled his eyes, but said nothing more. I don’t even know why he bothered with me. I was nothing special. And, he thought me to be weak. I wish there were a way I could prove myself to him. To show I wasn’t as weak as they thought me to be. Maybe then, they would start respecting me?

I doubted it.

Sasori watched me with a careful eye, suddenly grasping onto my wrist. With a swift movement, he pulled me to where we were only inches apart. “Something bothering you?” I bit my lip, shaking my head; trying my hardest not to melt under his firm gaze. His gruff voice had more effect on me than most things would.
He towered at least a foot over me, if not more. Somehow, our bodies had moved closer, making us only centimeters away. Once again, I wanted so badly to close the small gap between our bodies. What was it about him that made me forget everything? Making me feel as if I could just…float away.

Was it those calm brown eyes, that had me mesmerized under his sinister gaze? Or, possibly the feel of his skin against mine, the contact tingling where we touched. The way his lips looked, looking so perfectly carved, giving me urges that were harder to control every time they appeared. The want was so strong, it ached.

“Don’t lie to me,” he whispered, leaning down a bit. Stay calm. C’mon, breathe. Whatever you do, don’t pass out. I gave myself a little pep talk, trying to slow down the sudden racing of my heartbeat. I had a feeling that if it accelerated anymore, it’d surely burst.

“I-uh…I don’t remember,” I replied. It was true. As soon as he touched me, all rational thinking flew out the window.

Sasori let out a little sound of annoyance, quickly stepping away from me. “Come, I want to show you something,” he beckoned, wanting me to follow him through the thick forest. I sighed in relief, as my heart rate slowed down considerably. Yet, I could still feel a slight twinge in my chest as I replayed the image of his lips,  not even a breath away from mine.

~                                                                          ~                                                                     ~

“Where are we going?” I wondered, feeling a bit uncomfortable.  He was leading me further and further away from the base, venturing deeper into the woods. At this rate, I would never be able to find my way back on my own.

“Just keep walking,” he sighed, getting tired of hearing the same thing. I’ve only asked him, like what, fifteen or sixteen times?

An apprehensive feeling bubbled up in my stomach as we continued to walk on. I was in an unfamiliar forest with a bad ass criminal. I wasn’t as much scared of Sasori as I was the forest. No telling what kind of creatures there were lurking in the dark shadows, with their disgusting diseases. “Sasori,” I whimpered, moving closer to him. But, when I reached for his hand, he slapped my own away. Again, rejection hurts.

“What are you doing?” Sasori hissed, hiding his hand away from me. My lower lip jutted out, trying my hardest to not let the liquid form of my fear to streak down my cheeks. My overly vivid imagination came up with creepy things, the end result al being death.

“I’m scared,” I admitted, cheeks aflame with a bright crimson. I didn’t want to be pushed away when seeking comfort.

The now setting sun didn’t help the knots in my stomach, only increasing the rising panic in my chest. A far off howl made me jump, instinctively making my clutch to Sasori, tightly. “Please,” I whispered, “just this once.”

He growled, wrapping an indifferent arm around me. Sasori had a loose hold on me, but it offered at least some protection from the growing dark. “And, to think, you call yourself a shinobi.” I shivered, loving the way the retreating sunlight danced in his eyes; making his hair burn an even brighter red. Being gracious to that fact that he was actually protecting me- even if it was done with many complaints- I let the remark slide. Besides, it wasn’t everyday that Sasori held me in his arms. I doubt I would ever get a chance like this, again. It would be wise to enjoy it, while I still could. “Stop staring, idiot,” he halted his walking, to look back down at me.

“Sorry,” I muttered, my gaze falling to the ground. I didn’t think he had noticed. Another mistake on my part. The red-headed puppet master noticed everything. Which was, in my opinion, another extremely annoying attribute on his part.

He let go of me, leaving me victim to the cold wind that blew through the trees. “Besides, we’re here,” My mood suddenly lifted, eagerly searching for something special. That was the problem. There was nothing special about the empty space. Just some trees, and a small stream.

"I…err-it’s great!” I smiled, hoping he wouldn’t notice my bluff. But, like I said before, Sasori notices everything.

“It’s not down here, idiot,” he was free of any emotion as he listlessly jumped onto the branches of a tree,  at the same time doing swift hand motions. In a matter of moments, a cute little tree house appeared, standing tall. I stared at it in amazement. From a distance, it looked pretty plain, with oddly shaped wood. But, getting closer, I noticed they were very intricate designs carved into the hard wood; ranging from people to plants, and animals. It was the true definition of art.

“It’s beautiful!” I gasped, running my hand over the design. I could tell each detail had been handled carefully, the craftsmanship was stunning.

Sasori watched me marvel over the wood. But, at the moment, I didn’t care. I was too far gone, the detail catching my full, undivided attention. Everything was beyond perfect, no mistakes anywhere to be found. Down to even the tiniest of lines. I stopped when I came upon a suspicious little boy, looking vaguely familiar.

“Is that…you?” Sasori stared at the carving, I was pointing to. He leaned down next to me, studying with me. “It would seem as so…” He stood straight, again, roughing up his hair. Something he seemed to so quite often.

“Who did this?” I asked, kneeling down. I wasn’t able to take my eyes off of the little Sasori. He was beautiful, even in his younger years. Sasori sat beside me, resting his back against the wall. “My grandma helped me do this when I was younger. I guess I never really noticed that.”

I stroked the contours of the lines, defining the face of the young child; wishing I could do the same to the man that sat beside me. Even with the vacant look on his face, he was still breath takingly beautiful.

~                           ~                              ~

It was well past midnight when we returned to the hideout. Not late enough for anyone to be sleeping, yet. But, hopefully late enough for their little show to be over with. Music still blared throughout the base, but other than that, everything seemed normal. Well, as normal as things could possibly get around here.

“Deidara better have started on my damn wall,” Sasori grumbled, setting me on my feet. Considering how dark it was outside, I made him carry me back. There was no way I would have been able to walk two feet without some kind of humane contact. The thought alone was unbearable enough, that I had to abandon right then, and there.

“Uhmm, yeah. You go check on that. I’m going to uhmm… See someone.” I waved, running off.

“Raik--”

“Bye, Sasori! See you later!” I called, not bothering to see what he wanted. There’s only so much of one person I could take at a time. Even if that person was downright sexy. I could guarantee I wouldn’t be able to stay away for too long.

The living room was completely trashed. Empty cans littered the floor, along with many articles of clothing. Somehow, a stripper pole had found its way in the middle of the room, intimating me.

“Ever danced on one of those?” The girl asked, pulling on a shirt. It was over-sized, and thankfully big enough to cover her essentials. The front of the shirt held the emblem of the Uchiha clan, meaning it was Itachi’s.

I shook my head, moving away from the metal pole. She smiled, grabbing on to it. Oh, god. Please don’t tell me she’s about to start, again. Seeing my expression, she laughed. And, much to my relief, she slid down to the bottom, to merely sit.

“Lucky you, I guess. How’d you get here?”

“I went rogue. Deidara and Sasori found me. I’m only allowed to stay because, well…I’m Deidara’s ‘pet’, so to say.” She gave me a mischievous grin, showing her thoughts had drifted off into dark places. “Kinky,”

“I-I didn’t m-mean it like that!”

She laughed again, throwing her head back. “You’re too innocent. It’s cute.” I blushed, fidgeting. Something about this girl made me nervous.

“What about you? Are you going to be staying here?”

She nodded, “I got lucky, really. I was living off of the streets, trying to sell my body for money. My parents had given up on me. Said I was a lost cause. They couldn’t put up with me anymore, so they kicked me out; forcing me to fend for myself.” She paused, struggling with what to say next.

“My problem was, I looked too young, I guess. Not very developed. I dunno. The men didn’t very much take a liking to me in my village. I was literally almost dead by the time Itachi found me. Could’ve lasted no more than a week if it weren’t for him. The deal was, I supplied him and his friends with entertainment, and I would have a place to call home.”

“Not a bad deal, I suppose.” I slightly frowned. Her life had been worse off than mine, but she didn’t run away from her problems. If it weren’t for Itachi, she’d still be on the streets. Who said all of the Akatsuki were cold, emotionless bastards?

“Are you kidding me? It’s brilliant! This place is filled with eye candy, I love it.”

I nodded, mulling over things. The girl seemed content with her lifestyle. With who she was. That’s more than I could ever say about myself.

“My name’s Jesshika, by the way.” She grinned, thrusting her hand forward. Her pixie like face always seemed to be smiling, making me want to laugh along with her. And, why not? It was nice to have someone around I knew I could trust. She seemed safe, enough.

I took her hand in mine, shaking it. “Raikou.”

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

:D Sorry it took me so long to upload -.- I’ve been sick for the past week D: -Sneeze- Ugh. Still am.

Hope you liked it ^-^ I’m off for Mardi Gras break, so I’ll try to upload A LOT. Love you guys ♥

Happy Readings~!

PS, the picture on the side is of Sasori and Raikou (; I drew it ! :DDDDD