Chapter Four: Unwanted

The Rogue’s Love 

Chapter Four: Unwanted 

I aimlessly wandered around the building, getting familiar with my surroundings. The past few days have been surprisingly enjoyable. Well, except for the fact that Hidan tried making a pass at me every chance he got. Deidara, I could tolerate. But, Hidan was just starting to get ridiculous. 

That, and I haven’t even seen Sasori.

Ever since that moment in the hallway, I couldn’t seem to get him out of my mind. I think it was safe to say that I had developed and unusual infatuation with the mysterious man. And, it annoyed the hell out of me. I would still like to punch him in that gloriously attractive face of his.

I sighed, longing to hear that deep-set masculine voice, again. What I needed was a hobby. Obsessively thinking of someone will get you no where, Raikou!

“Rai-chan, Rai-chan!” Deidara called, running to me. “Where have you been? I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” he threw his hands up in the air for a more dramatic effect.

I gave him a small smile, “I was just familiarizing myself with my surroundings. I’m still fairly new, you know.” He sheepishly rubbed the back of his head.

“I guess that’s my fault for not showing you around… But, first, I’m hungry. Let’s eat, first!” He pulled me in the other direction, right to the kitchen. I rolled my eyes, following his despite my sour mood. Some days I wish I could hide in my room, completing ignoring everyone else around me.  But, considering that I shared a room with Deidara, that was impossible.

We entered the kitchen were most of the Akatsuki members sat, quietly eating their food. Which was rather strange, they were usually more talkative than this. In fact, this is the first time they’ve ever shut up for more than ten seconds. It actually kind of worried me. Even Hidan was quiet.

“What’s with them?” I whispered to Deidara. He shrugged, pointing to his wrist. I rolled my eyes as I noticed their half naked bodies. It was past twelve, and they were just now waking up? I guess I shouldn’t have such high expectations for  people I knew so little about.

Kisame yawned, waving to me. I nodded back, sending him a small smile. Despite being S-ranked criminals, they were actually pretty friendly. Except for Hidan. He was just a real ass. I sat down next to Itachi. He was by far my favorite of the group, and the most quiet. Reserved. Needless to say, he didn’t bother me.

“Good morning, Rai-chan,” he greeted, not bothering to look up from his meal. Even Itachi looked a little run down, with dark circles under his eyes.

“Couldn’t sleep?” He shrugged, shoveling more food into his mouth. I sighed. It was almost impossible to get conversation out of him. I guess that was really his only flaw. Definitely not someone I could sit down and talk to for hours.

“Dei-kun, can we do something today? I’m bored.” I complained. I was being starved of any sort of entertainment. No one around has fought, recently.