Chapter 8

~Harry's POV~

I didn't actually sit there. I switched my name tag with some other guest. I just wanted an excuse to sit next to her. The way she acted around me actually amused me very much, and the way she got so tense around me. I wasn't even sure what it was that drew me to her. Maybe it was the fact that she didn't throw herself on me, like the other girls I've been with. It wasn't like I wanted to be with her, or commit to her, I just wanted her. Her body. She was so damn sexy I didn't think I would be able to stay still next to her for any longer. I just wanted to scoop her up and bring her to a bedroom, but knowing her, she'd probably call the fucking police.

The waiters started bringing out the appetizer, which was some fancy eggs and caviar. I didn't enjoy the taste, so I just flung some caviar towards Annabel

"Can you stop being an immature ass?" She asked angrily, wiping the caviar off of the table cloth infront of her. I chuckled, and shook my head.

"Only if you stop being an uptight bitch." I joked. She looked at me with angry eyes, but I saw a flash of something in her eyes. She was hurt by it. "I'm sorry." I said, looking into her eyes. Her eyes turned soft, but she looked away. A waiter came by, and placed a glass of wine infront of me. I nodded in thanks, as I put the thin glass up to my lips.

"You drink?" She asked, with furrowed eyebrows. I gently placed the glass at the corner of my plate.

"Not often." I lied, smacking my lips, to get the full bitter taste of the wine. She nodded slightly, before turning away, and placing the food in her mouth. The way she chewed was adorable to me.

What the hell, Harry?

Why was I paying so much attention to this girl's littlest details? I'm looking at the way she chewed. What happened to me? I watched as she picked up her glass of water. The way her lips touched the rim of the cup, and the way her eyelashes fluttered as she tilted the glass back, had some sort of affect on me. But then again, what part of her didn't have an affect on me?

"What're you looking at?" She asked, as she placed the glass on the table with a soft thud. For the first time, I saw her smile. Her lips parted, and exposed her perfectly straight teeth. I couldn't help but smile back, as I stared at her beautiful appearance. She was almost too good to be true. She was almost... perfect.

"Harry?" She spoke, interrupting my never-ending thoughts about how beautiful she was.

"Sorry." I mumble, turning away. I saw her smile and shake her head. I leaned back in my chair, silently scolding myself for being such an idiot. I found myself lost in the classical string music, and the chattering of people, and the clinking of silverware against plates, and glasses on tables. I zoned out for a while, just thinking of what her and I could be. If there was a 'her and I.' I decided to listen to Annabel, and her sweet voice. She appeared to be talking to an old woman.

"You're so pretty, dear." The old lady complimented. I smiled at the true statement.

"Thank you, Missy." I can just picture her cheeks flushing, as she smiles shyly. She obviously doesn't look at herself the way other people do.

"You really are, dear. Young man." She called out. Shit. She was going to ask what I thought of her. I turned to face the two women.

"Yes, ma'am?" I answered, raising my eyebrows.

"Isn't this young lady absolutely beautiful?" She gushed, causing Annabel to turn pink, just how I pictured it. I didn't know what to say, so I just said the first thing that came to my mind.

"No, not beautiful."

__________________________________

~Annabel's POV~