| Chapter 20 |

I rolled over to the side and fluttered my eyes open. 5:15AM, read my alarm clock. I groaned and sat up in my bed. I heard a knock on my door, soon followed after my mother stepping in. She smiled.

Mom: good you're awake.

Me: morning...

I said very groggy as I placed my hand on my forehead.

Mom: your dad is back.

My head instantly shot up and a big smile formed on my face. Everyone who knows me knows that my dad is my whole heart. I immediately jump outta bed and run past my mother. I was standing on top of the stairs, looking down into the living room to see a tall, husky man standing in my living room. He turned around and smiled a soon as he laid his eyes on me. I ran down the stairs and jumped into his arms.

Dad: babygirl! I've missed you so much!

Me: I've missed you too...

I muffled into his chest. I broke from the hug and hit his shoulder.

Me: what were you gone so long for?!

I crossed my arms and waited for an answer.

Dad: I'm sorry beautiful, work and stuff. You know how it goes.

My father was the CEO of a very successful company. The job required him to fly to different places most of the time. I barely see him cause he works so much.

Dad: but I'm here for the weekend to spend it with you! I'm also gonna take you to school today.

I smiled.

Me: alright. Let me get dressed.

I ran back upstairs and got ready for school.

I exited my house and entered my dads car. He was on the way to school.

Dad: so how's everything at school?

I was quiet for a minute. I looked down into my hands and started fiddling with my fingers.

Me: um.. ya know, same old same old.

I exclaimed, trying to avoid lying to him.

Dad: alright. And are you interested in any boys?

He asked very curiously. I groaned and sunk into my chair as he was pulling up to school.

Me: good bye dad...

I said as I playfully rolled my eyes and got out of the car. As I walked into school, many people were staring at me. I shook it off and went and looked for Tati. I found her on a bench near the library on her phone. She looks up at me concerned.