|Chapter 18|

The 3:30 bell rang. I immediately made my way outside the classroom and outside to my car.

???: Mahalia!

Someone had screamed my name as soon as I placed my hand on my car door handle. I turned around to see Jacob. I looked down and huffed as he approached for me.

Me: what?

Jacob: what happened between you and Chy? I thought y'all were cool?

Me: I did too. Until she attacked me in my own house because of you.

I raised my brow, crossed my hands and waited for his reaction.

Jacob: She like me?

I looked at him like he was stupid.

Me: you must be kidding. You knew she liked you from the jump.

He started laughing.

Jacob: I thought it was a lil crush, nothing serious.

I slapped my palm against my forehead.

Me: ugh, your giving me a headache.

I turned around and attempted to open my door when he pinned me in between him and my car. He moved my hair out the way and kissed my neck and bit my ear.

Jacob: but I know I definitely like you, and it ain't puppy love.

I nudged him off me and turned to face him.

Me: alright. Stop doing that. I know you do that on purpose.

Jacob: doing what?

He said, playing dumb.

Me: it's a proven fact that physical connection between two people can make them more attracted to each other.

Jacob: mmm I guess we should do it more often...

He said, bout to go in on my neck again. I placed my hand on his forehead and pushed him away forcefully. I smiled at him.

Me: really?

Jacob: really.

He said, looking at me up and down. I rolled my eyes, got in my car and drove off.

I looking for my keys and inserted it in the key hole. As I opened their door, I see my mom standing in the living room with her shoulders crossed.

Me: oh. Hey mom-

Mom: the school called.

I closed my eyes and cursed under my breath.

Mom: three periods?! How did you miss three periods?!

She said as she waved her arms around, obviously showing her frustration.

Me: I woke up late! I'm sorry!

Mom: you never wake up late.

Me: my phone was on silent.

She stared at me for a while.

Mom: okay. Don't let it happen again.

I took a breath of relief.

Me: okay it won't, I promise.

She gave me one last glare and disappeared into her master bedroom. I climbed up the stairs and entered my room and plopped onto my bed. I thought about Chresanto and smiled to myself. I really don't know what I was thinking but I was glad I did it, because he was the one.

I was awoken by the continuous buzzing of my phone in my back pocket. I quickly pulled my phone out and scrolled through the notifications and read a few messages.

Chyna✨-
I'm ready to talk.
5:45PM

Her text was the one that stood out the most. I quickly texted her back.

Me-
Meet my by the gas station in 10.
5:46PM

I put on some comfortable clothes on and went down stairs into the kitchen. I opened the fridge, grabbed a yoghurt and walked out the door. On my way to the nearest gas station, I called Chresanto.

Chres: hey baby.

His soft, sleepy voice channeled through the speakers and into my ears. I gently smiled to myself.

Me: hello love.

I said still smiling to myself.

Chres: "hello love"

He said, mocking me. I laughed.

Me: what?

Chres: I just love the way you said that. Music to my ears.

I stayed quiet for a second. I let those words dwell in my head which made me blush. I was madly in love with this guy and I'm not sure how or why.

Me: okay.

I said, turning into the gas station and parked.

Chres: what are you up to?

my smile quickly faded. I didn't want to tell him that I was meeting Chyna. He would get worried.

Me: I'm meeting a friend.

Chres: okay... come see me after? "Love"?

He said mocking me again. I laughed to myself.

Me: alright.

Chres: bye baby.

And with that I hung up. I was quietly fiddling with my fingers. He makes me so happy, just talking to him. Is this what love truly feels like? My thoughts were interrupted by a loud knock on my passengers side window. It was Chyna. I unlocked the door and she climbed in. It was silent for a while. I was honestly waiting for her to speak since she was so big-mouthed.

Me: explain.

She looked at me.

Chy: explain what?

Me: explain why you attacked me the other day.

Chy: oh at school or at your house?

She was trying to be funny. Over here acting like I didn't cook her earlier today at that lunch table.

Me: HEY. Don't get smart with me. YOU wanted to talk. So talk!

I really wasn't putting up with her bull, she was over here wasting my time. She exhaled sharply.

Chy: I was angry. I was angry at you, at Jacob, at me... You were there reason why Jacob didn't want me like that and I was angry. I was mad that he put me under you. Whenever we are together, all he does it talk about you and I've should've put the pieces together, I know. I was jealous. I wanted your spot. So when I found out, I flipped out. I wanted you to pay. And it even made me more angry because you had two other guys chasing after you.

Me: I hope you know there's nothing I can do about Jacobs feelings and who he wants to be with.

Chy: I know. I'm sorry.

She looked down at her hands in her lap.

Chy: but do you like him back?

She said looking back up at me with wide eyes. I really didn't want to answer that question.

Me: um, I have to meet Chresanto in a few minutes. I'll see you at school.

I said unlocking the door, indicating that she should get out.

Chy: um, okay.

She climbed out the seat, closed the door and I zoomed off, in the way to Chresanto's house.