|Chapter 16|

Me: stop! I'm not gonna fight you chyna!

I was standing a few feet away from her, and she was laying where I threw her. I was out of breath, this girl can fight. I glanced over at Tati and Bre.

Tati: I'm sorry Mahalia.. I tried to stop her.

She was out of breath too. I looked back at Chyna on the ground holding her head as she got up.

Chy: you-

She tried to pounce on me again when Tati stopped her and held her back.

Bre: Chy chill. You already done got your butt kicked.

Me: Chyna, imma need to ask you to leave. When you cool down, then we can talk about it.

Chyna: I don't wanna talk about anything with you. You're dead to me.

She exclaimed, Tati still holding her back and walking her towards the door.

Tati: I'll call you.

She whispered to me as they all disappeared behind the front door. Jesus Christ. This girl is highly obsessed with Jacob. That's unhealthy. This is unhealthy. I have to fix all this. I limped over to the couch and attended to my scratches.

My doorbell rang again, waking me out of my sleep. I glanced at my clock, 6PM. I really slept all day. I got up as my head started to pound. I winced in pain and opened the door. There was Jacob, standing there like a lost puppy.

Me: Jacob?

I was really confused as to why he was on my front porch right now. I thought he was angry with me.

Jacob: may I come in?

I stepped aside as he walked through and closed to door behind him.

Jacob: I'm falling in love with you and I can't stand to see you with those other guys.

That was very straight-to-the-point. He waited for a response but I didn't know what to say. He walked up to me and held my hand. He was so close to me that I could feel his breath on my neck.

Jacob: let me know how you feel.

He exclaimed, in the most soothing voice. I know what he's trying to do and I'm not falling for it. I slowly stepped away from him as I held his gaze.

Me: I dont know how I feel. Yet.

Jacob: but you know that you are falling for Chresanto.

He replied quickly. I kept quiet. He looked down and I could tell by the look on his face he was distraught.

Jacob: I'm not done fighting for you.

He exclaimed, with tears in his eyes, and walked out. He was right. I was falling for Chresanto. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my keys.

 I quickly got dressed and grabbed my keys

I entered my car and headed to his house.

I pulled up in his driveway and turned the ignition off. I folded my hands in my lap and thought to myself. Am I really about to confess my love to him? I didn't even think about Daniel... not one text from him. I said myself, shaking my head. I got out of my car and walked onto his front porch preparing myself for what might go down. I rang his doorbell with hesitation. I looked at my phone, 6:50PM. Within seconds, he opened the door. He stared straight at me with bloodshot red, weary eyes and no expression on his face. Half of his body was exposed, while the other half hid behind the door. He was shirtless and wearing basketball shorts. He looked sick, really.

Chresanto: what do you want...

Me: I, um-

I didn't really know what to say. Well, I didn't know a way to say what I wanted to say without sounding desperate. I looked down at me hands and fiddled my thumbs. I looked back up at him.

Me: I'm sorry, about last night.

He continued to look at me as if he was waiting for me to say something important. He was acting so nonchalant about all of this and I wasn't understanding why.

Me: may I come in please? I need to talk to you about this.

Chresanto: there's nothing we need to talk about.

He quickly cut me off and blinked. I tilted my head at him and pushed my way inside his house. He's so stubborn.

Chresanto: trespassing...

He whispered to himself and sat lazily on the couch. He looked so out of it. I could tell that his thoughts were slowly destroying him. He was looking down at his feet.

Me: What are you thinking about?

Chresanto: don't worry about it.

He quickly responded again. I rolled my eyes and stood in front of him.

Me: I have a confession to make.

He slowly looked up at me and raised his eyebrows.

Me: I'm in love with you.

He quickly got tensed and shot up from the couch. He walked away from me and paced in the living room. I could tell he was in deep thought by the look on his face.

Me: but... I don't know who I want to pick yet.

And with no delay, he looked at me and stopped in this tracks.

Chresanto: what was the point of telling me then?

Me: I thought that was something you should know-

Chresanto: no it wasn't!

He exclaimed at me.

Chresanto: I swear you love to make me suffer! You don't tell someone that your in love with them, then turn around and tell 'em they ain't the only one! How would you feel if the boy you was in love with loved someone else?

He was practically a few feet away from me, screaming in my face. There was pain in his eyes, he definitely had been suffering.

Me: I-

Before I could get out what was going to say, he grabbed my face with his hands, kissed me, and pressed his body against mine. Once again, body to body. He picked me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist and walked up the stairs. He reached his room, closed the door, and gently laid me on his bed.

Chresanto: tonight, your mine.