Rosario : I trust you, okay? I don't believe what anyone is saying because I trust you I just can't stand the fact that everyone is talking about you and her and making me feel like shit by saying you're messing around with her

Maddox : You know I wouldn't hurt you.

Rosario : You did once already...

Maddox : I don't know why you brought that up it's been a year

Rosario : I'm sorry I've just had a shitty day I really need to talk about it

Maddox : I'll call you later or something, promise babe.

Rosario : Okay... love you...

Maddox : Love you too

Maddox sighed and put his phone down on the table face down, he didn't even want to look at it or anything on it.

Nina frowned at husband who was just staring at his food while her son was developing an angry scowl on his face.

"Everything okay?" She asked Maddox who nodded his head and sat up in his chair, "Yeah."

"Arabella huh?" She said with diligence in her voice.

Maddox looked over at her and raised his eyebrow, "What about her?"

"She's very cute, very attractive, very sweet-"

"Where are you going with this mom?" Maddox asked knowing exactly where she was going with it.

Nina cleared her throat and placed her open palm on her collar bone, "But, I hope you're not thinking of hurting Rosario, that girl is an angel among demons."

Maddox rolled his eyes right before he looked away in annoyance, "It's like me and Arabella can't be friends right?" He questioned staring straight at her.

Nina frowned and began to nervously rub her hands together, "Maddox it's just you have a history of being-"

"Being what mom?" Maddox snapped only for Nina to reach over and grab her husbands hand for help, "Honey explain to Maddox what I mean."

Stanford suddenly jumped at the sudden feel of his hands wife and cleared his throat, "Uh what?" He asked completely lost and oblivious of the conversation.

Nina lightly groaned before looking back at her son and his hateful glare, "I mean you have a history of using girls who like you and then dumping them when the best next thing comes along."

Maddox scoffed, "Even my own parents think this of me, wow."

Arabella clumsily stumbled out of the restroom. although in the next room could hear the muffled voices she couldn't make out what they were saying.

She stopped to look at the framed portraits on a wooden end table by one of the couches.

One was of 9 year-old Maddox with a basketball in hand and the other was an old photograph of Stanford and Nina on their wedding day.