Frank

So, Fiona broke probation. She never came home last night, which means she's probably going back to jail. A great start to my morning.

She's not in her room?" Ian asked.

"I checked last night, again this morning. Nothing," Debbie replied.

"Me too," I added.

"Back to the metal motel," Mickey chimed in.

"I called Sheila, she's not there, and she's not at the hospital with Kev and V," I informed.

"The hospital?"

"V's having her babies,"

"She is? Wow!" Ian breathed. I gave him a strange look.

"Fiona wouldn't miss curfew on purpose," Debbie said.

"That's true, what if she got mugged, or fell in front of the L?" I said.

"She's probably fine, Ellie. Maybe she got permission to go out," Ian said to me.

"You don't think we should call the police?" I asked.

"No! That'll just make shit worse," Mickey replied.

"Well then what do we do?" I asked.

"Will someone at least call hospitals while we're at school?" Debbie said, going over to get her jacket.

"Okay," Ian replied. Debbie groaned.

"Lost the shiv Cal made for me," she said as I grabbed a pancake.

"Melted toothbrush, duck tape handle..." Debbie went on. I gave her a confused look, wondering why she needed all those things.

"Wh do you need a shiv?" Ian asked.

"In case run into my ex boyfriend's girlfriend," Debbie replied. Mandy came into the kitchen, her face all cut and bruised up.

"Woah, what happened to you?" I asked.

"Kenyatta happened," Mickey said. Kenyatta was Mandy's boyfriend.

"I'm over it, okay? Let's move on," Mandy said.

"You not going back there, by the way. We'll find you someplace to live, okay?" Ian said. It made me sad that Mandy would let her boyfriend beat her up like that.

"Why the fuck should she leave? It's our house," Mickey said.

"Why are you making such a big deal about it?" Mandy asked,

"Come on, Ellie we have to go," Debbie said, pulling me up from the table. Mickey bent down and picked up a shiv that was lying on the floor.

"There it is!" Debbie said, taking it off Mickey,

"Is that a shiv?" Mandy asked.

"Yep. Later," Debbie said as we left for school.

Debbie and I started walking down the street. We continued until she stopped me.

"Do you think Matt dumped me because I'm not pretty?" She asked. I made a confused face.

"Didn't you say he dumped you because you were too young?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. But his new girlfriend is really pretty. Maybe that was just an excuse so that he could dump me. Maybe he just likes pretty girls," she said.

"Look, this probably won't mean much coming from me, but I think you're really pretty," I said. She smiled.

"Really?" She asked,