Chapter nineteen

a/n: Hey! you made it to the new chapters I'm writing. welcome :) I am skipping ahead to current times, so it is now 2017 and Liam and Niall are both 23. Please read the authors note at the end of this chapter!

Chapter Nineteen.

"I like this one a million times more than the one we viewed yesterday" I spoke as we walked through the rooms of a brand new home.

Liam shrugged his shoulders "I don't know Ni, the house yesterday had so much character, this one looks cold and empty" he motioned around to the empty rooms.

The house was yet to be finished, which i liked because it gave us the option to add the final touches to make it the way we wanted.

"It's a blank canvas babe, there's so much potential for us to make it our home." I tried my best to persuade him. I had hated the house we had previously viewed, it barely ticked any of my boxes.

Liam and I had finally decided to take the next big step and purchase our own home. Sure, we had owned various apartments during our relationship.

But this was going to be our first home. Our first place together, our first place that didn't share land with other people. Our own little piece of the world for the two of us.

Since the boys had called it quits over the last couple of years and moved on to our own things, Liam and I had decided on buying property in the English countryside.

Although One Direction had ended we were all still very much in the spotlight, so we wanted a place where we could get away from it all and live our lives.

"I guess you're right, it just feels so cold and cynical at the moment..." he spoke as we entered one of the bedrooms. My thoughts instantly wandered to visions of this room fit out for a baby.

I could clearly imagine where the crib would sit, with a rocking chair to the right that we'd sit in during the middle of the night rocking our little girl or boy back to sleep in.

My heart hurt as my thoughts returned to our previous chance at almost being a family.

A six months after Liam and I had tied the knot, we set off into the process of starting our family. We explored all avenues, adoption, surrogacy even just becoming foster parents.

In the end, we had decided on adoption and we began working with an agency to find a mother looking to give up her child. It wasn't long before we got the call letting us know we had been matched to someone.

The woman was in her early twenties and wasn't in the right place to be raising a child so she was making the decision to put the little one up for adoption.

Liam and I was fairly involved during the pregnancy, getting regular updates from ultrasounds. We had even offered assistance with funds. Half way through the pregnancy we found out we would be expecting a little boy.

In the last few weeks of pregnancy, everything started becoming very hot and cold. Updates were getting less and less frequent.

On the 14th of June the little man was born, Liam and I were overjoyed to meet him. We had set up a nursery for him in our two bedroom apartment and filled his wardrobe with the cutest little outfits.

The 16th of June rolled around, the day we were set to bring him home and start our life as a family of three. Upon arrival to the hospital we were informed that the birth mother had made the decision to keep the baby.

Our hearts broke. Though we couldn't hold a grudge to the woman, we had spent the last few months building up excitement, sharing the news with our family, friends and fans, creating joy for our unborn baby.

Within minutes that was all ripped away.

"You're thinking about him aren't you?" Liam asked as he watched my eyes scanning the room. I nodded and he walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "He would've been three now, this could've been his room." I mumbled.

"I think this is the house, Liam" I sighed, looking out the window which had a perfect view of the land that would soon be ours. "This is where I want to raise our children." I added and he snuggled in closer to me.

"Do you think its time?" He asked simply.

"I'm ready"

--

So I'm going to state the obvious, this story is starting to go in a different direction than the first 18 chapters. That is purely because I started this story when I was about 15, I am now in my twenties and want to finish this story but my vision just isn't the same as it was all those years ago.

I hope you'll all still continue to read and enjoy the story of Liam and Niall.

Kx