Chapter nine.

Chapter nine.

I never did get to apologise to Liam that day when he came home. In fact, he never did come home. Its been a week, and he still hasn't returned home. It was safe to say, the lads and i were worried about him. The others had no idea.

'Are you awake?' A voice said, a familiar voice. His silhouette at my door.

'Liam?' I spoke, my voice sleepy.

'Ni-Niall, i need to talk to you..' He said, his voice growing nearer. I felt him sit on the bed next to me. Although it was dark, i knew his features perfectly.

'I'm sorry about the other day Liam...' I said before he could get a word out. I let out a breath i didn't know i was holding in.

'I broke up with Sierra' He blurted out.

A sudden feeling of hope raised inside of me. Did he dump Sierra for me?

'Why...?' I asked, although i really had no interest. All i wanted to hear from Liam right now is something along the lines of 'You're the one that i want Niall.'

'Things just weren't right anymore. It really doesn't matter.' He said simply. I knew there was more to it than that, Liam wouldn't just break a girls heart for no reason other than things not being right anymore. Yet, i wasn't going to sit here and force the truth out of him.

'Did that kiss mean anything to you?' He asked, breaking the silence but only making things awkward. I could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

I wanted nothing more than to confess what i had been feeling for liam for so long. While my heart told me yes, my head told me no.

My friendship with Liam was far too important to lose.

'Because to me, it meant something...' Liam added, I swear my heart almost burst out of my chest.

'Re-really?' I asked, unsure if he had actually said that or if i had just imagined it because thats what i wanted to hear.

'Really.' I reached for his hand, he didn't flinch or pull away. Instead he entwined his fingers with mine. Squeezing my hand tightly.

'I've wanted to do that for so long, you have no idea Liam.' I said, and as if on que his lips came crashing down onto mine. It wasn't much, but it was enough.

Without hesitating i moved over pulling the covers back, patting the now empty spot in my bed gesturing for Liam to get in. He lay down next to me. I couldn't help but lay there and watch as his perfectly toned abs rose and fell as he breathed quietly. I moved over slightly, resting my head on his bare chest.

We layed there silently, as his hand caressed my bare back. I listened to his heart beat against my ear. It was enough for me to just lay there silently with him. No worrying about the little things.

'This can be our little secret.' He whispered.

'For now.' He added, taking in a deep breath.

'No lables, no judging looks, no loss of fans. Just you and I.'

As i closed my eyes drifting back into sleep with Liams arms tightly around me, i wished for one thing.

I wished that even thought right now he and I may be nothing more than friends, i wished that one day we were more than that. That i would be able to confess my love for Liam James Payne to everyone, not just him. And everyone would be happy with that.