He was being silly, and my girlfriend giggled in a girly way, and her cheeks darkened slightly. "It's nice to meet you too, Mal. I'm Normani; most people call me Mani, though."

She winked, and I kissed her cheek as Mal laughed. "Cheeky, charming. I like you. Yo Dinah, make sure you hold onto her."

I grinned at him before turning and looking into my favorite dark brown eyes.

"I plan to. With both hands."

———
Normani's POV

"I mean, I'm not afraid of heights or anything, but why do you want to jump off a cliff?" I asked, crossing my arms and shifting my weight to one foot.

"Babe, it's for fun and you'll regret it if you don't!" Dinah said as she was pulling her messy curls up into a bun. She just thinks she's so damn funny, doesn't she?

I rolled my eyes. "Right. Fun spending hours in a hospital because I broke my leg jumping 25 feet into some water. What if there are rocks under the surface?" I asked, not convinced. I mean like, a life is at stake here, along with a possible relationship coming to an abrupt end. All because I would regret not jumping off of a cliff.

I watched as my girlfriend opened her mouth to speak, but Mal jumped in, a hand out.

"If it'll convince you that the water's safe enough for you and your girl, I'll jump right now, and give you a thumbs up when everything goes smoothly. That a deal?"

I pinched my mouth to one side, pretending to think it over. I nodded and smiled. "Hope you don't die!"

"See you on the other side, Malili," Dinah said with a kissy face.

"Mata usi!"

"Love you too!"

I walked closer as he got ready to jump. He bent his knees, and just before he jumped, he turned and did a backflip! Looked really cool but hell nah.

"Oh hell nah!" Dinah yelled, saying what I had been thinking.

I squinted my eyes when I saw movement at the bright blue surface of the water.

I saw Mal emerge from the water, a megawatt smile and two thumbs on display.

"The water's fine! And I'm very much alive! Come on in!" He yelled from maybe 20 feet down. He started to swim for a large nearby rock and hauled himself up, almost slipping.

I giggled at him as I stepped slightly closer, making sure my ass wasn't falling off the damn cliff.

"Sorry but, uhh fuck that. There's absolutely no way in --" I got cut off, as I felt someone push me. I screamed, flailing my arms and legs, before desperately trying to straighten them out. I hit the water with a rather large splash, and I registered instant pain from the fall. Thankfully, the water was cool enough that I felt better after a few seconds. I came up for air, sputtering and coughing. Looking up, I saw the culprit who had pushed me in, wearing a large smile on her beautiful face-- no, Normani, you're pissed at her.

I swam over to where Mal was, and waited for Dinah to jump down. Mal grabbed my outstretched hand and pulled me up onto the warm rock. After a few minutes, the asshole appeared, jumping over us, whooping as she fell. She swam over to us, with a smile that made my heart race. She pushed herself up, and carefully made her way over to me.

"Hi baby." She grinned, slightly breathless from the fall and the swim.

"Hi baby," I scoffed at her, crossing my arms. "Fuck you, I hope you're happy with yourself because now you're sleeping on the couch."

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 07, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

war was over || camrenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें