Entry 1

6/15/2012, Wednesday 11:05a.m.

Lestat:

Many pass through life abandoning their belief code, sacrificing their true selves to obtain both those things wanted and, more important, those things suitable for practical living. It is survival, Darwinian instinct. In the face of those who hold our emancipation in the tip of a pen, in the face of those who threaten our existence for the mere sake of pleasure, we allow true thoughts and true beliefs to dwindle away. Not only do we these things out of our wants for lavish things or need for practical things—life, liberty, happiness—but we faithful beings do such things because we have been made to assume that unless who we are and what we believe has been validated by the masses, the "important ones," then it is not valid at all.

For instance, I have often pondered and considered the two forces of the world: Good and Evil. At times, I have held them to be only mere figments of the imagination, my own imagination. But are there really such things as Good and Evil? Generally, humans do tend to subscribe to these forces and will categorize man as one or the other. Yet despite this, for me, the two seem to be transcendent, beyond what we know as real—more so ideals that have been willed into this human world. For what is Good if there is no Evil? I dare say that this concept of Good would be merely a fraction of its true meaning if there were no opposing force. Furthermore, without Good, the mere notion of Evil would be moot, a shadow in the corners of dead men' minds. Were these, indeed, man-made concepts to give balance to this human world or does this duality truly exist?

While I wrestle with these notions inside my inner sanctuary, I tend to abandon my own philosophies for those that are more readily accepted. As I've said, it's Darwinian instinct.

~ One who thirsts