27: The Piggy Doll

I have passed these lighted streets so many times, but it was the first time that I found it romantic. Myungsoo was silent, still holding my hand, but had a microscopic smile on his face.

“Do you know what Emmi is doing at Woollim?”

“You don’t know?” he glanced at me, then reached for his pocket and placed his phone near my ear. A female voice was singing.

Why are we in a world of confusion?

A cluster of worries and heartbreaks

A portrait of pain and judgment

Will we deny we ever met?

Is this meant to be the end?

But no, there’s no giving up

We’ll keep this an Infinite Love

“Is this Emmi?” I have heard her singing so many times already, but hearing her in an actual song felt more wonderful. There’s no wonder Woollim noticed her.

Myungsoo nodded, “This is just a test song, though. She still has a long way to go before she becomes a full-fledged artist. Maybe she didn’t tell you yet since she still wasn’t sure if she’ll pass.”

I felt happy for Emmi. She really deserved this opportunity. Me? Well, I think I already got mine that day I spilled coffee in the shop. Based on the person I have beside me, I suppose it turned out well.

“She said the lyrics were based on someone she knew.” He gave me a meaningful look. Before I could react, he stopped walking and grabbed something from his pocket once again. He lifted my hand and placed a small pig stuffed toy in it. My eyes widened. Was this his piggy-doll? I didn’t expect it to be this tiny!

“I want you to keep that while I’m gone,” he said sternly. “If it’s not the way it originally is when I get back, I’ll punish you.” There was a glint of mischief in his eyes. I studied the doll.

“I’ve read that you don’t really like stuffed toys. How come that you have one?”

He bit his lip and looked down, as if hesitant to answer. “It’s from my mother… I was still little.” I just nodded, amused by his shy face. I looked around and realized that we were already at the bus stop. We had to separate already.

“Good luck for your world tour. I’ll stay tuned.”

Once again, he looked disappointed by what I said. “That’s all? Isn’t a kiss supposed to be somewhere in there?”

“Are you crazy?” I looked around frantically. “It’s too public! Do you want to be in a scandal before your tour?!”

“Why do you worry about that so much?” he pulled me by the waist, staring at me with those teasing eyes. “I know it will be slightly complicated, but we won’t give up, right?”

I looked down at the doll, thinking.

“Are you trying to process this again?” He lifted my chin. “Well, to make it simple for you, we will keep it an infinite love, get it? Yuan.”

He whispered my name at the end, sending a blissful feeling all over me. Before I knew it, his lips have landed on mine once again.

---------------------THE END-----------------------